PDA

View Full Version : any one know where to look on MKM?

Custom Search

methogod
01-04-2013, 10:45 PM
i need to down load the both ISO for the Fiery IC-306 whatever is the later version, and will work with a pro80.

where it usually is, its not there.

thanks,

Mr Spock
01-05-2013, 01:11 AM
I can only find the system 1.0 on the downloader.

methogod
01-05-2013, 01:32 AM
yes, and it says that its 80C, which means its for the faster box...

no?

has any one tried to install the ic307 pro 80 installer disks on a v2 pro 80 that is generic, made for a bunch of machines.

they all use the same board EFI vx500?

TheOwl
01-06-2013, 10:19 PM
While the same Fiery might be used for multiple machines, you must install the OS to suit that machine.

While the Operating System looks quite generic in it self, it also has machine specific information that is required to communicate correctly with the device that it is attached to.

Did you not get the System Disks with the unit?

If you have another one out in the field, you can always go out there and make an image of the other HDD using something like Acronis True Image and then restore that image to your other machine. From there you will just need to adjust the settings required and then make sure that you run your calibrations so that the Fiery is calibrated to the output of the engine that it is attached to.

methogod
01-07-2013, 10:54 AM
i believe the bios has some locking feature that prevent you from installing the machine to a newer machine.

they dont want an ic305 even if its a pro80 v2, which has the same specs as the ic307 for the C7000, to run without paying for it.

I wonder if the C7000 would just work with C6501 software, they are so close in spec, and i know since they didn't change anything that its the same machine.

they have a version 2.0 kit for the ic307 in which they added x64 bit support, and a extra dimm of ram, if you install without updating bio's it will think its the wrong machine.

i hvae the C8000 image for the ic307, ic 306/307/ic413 are all compatible with all 3 machines, to my knowledge.

oxident
03-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Well, as far as I can tell, the Fiery system will adjust itself to either 70C, 70HC or 80C, depending on what it founds during startup. But you should really take care about the operating system. At the moment, I'm trying to get an IC-306 v2 running on either XP32 or Win7x64 because the native OS (XP64) seems to have some IRQ problems on my machine (NIC goes down from time to time).

This problem disappeared on Win7 ... but there seems to be a problem with the video interface (kvf.sys on x64 systems) because my C6000 always crashes after printing a few dozens of sheets.

On XP32, the Fiery application can't find the video interface (which is vx500.sys on 32bit system). Maybe it "looks" for a different board name.

Can anyone clarify if all of those Fiery's (IC-306 v1/v2 / IC-307 / IC-413) really use the same VX500 interface?

methogod
03-05-2013, 09:53 PM
do you have a server on your setup?

nic will boggle if you have too many large files being sent to hold/direct/print queue without windows server routing the traffic.

i always run my pro80's with a fiery share folder the name of the machine... one we pre-press, or setup for print whatever it may be... close file, right click on pdf and send to fiery share.

then on the fiery you would print or drag to hold.

good luck...

oxident
03-06-2013, 02:52 PM
... or one could simply use the 2nd NIC and keep the 1st disabled. But I guess it's not a good "working environment" if those kind of problems appear. Looks to me like an old-fashioned IRQ issue or a routing problem on the PCI bus.

Custom Search