PDA

View Full Version : FYI, duplex jamming on C224 - C554

Custom Search

EarthKmTech
01-05-2013, 01:13 AM
The swing out duplex door rollers are clutch driven off the main drive unit - they used to have their own motor in previous versions of this engine, ie, c360 series.

If you find the duplex rollers simply don't turn when trying to duplex and you have consistent jamming at the top duplex roller - replace the duplex drive clutch in the rear of the machine.

Load check is a waste of time, because just a bit more current is delivered to the clutch in load check than in normal operation and it WILL lockup, making you pull your hair out wondering WTF is going on.

Fortunately, i have plenty of hair left.

blackcat4866
01-05-2013, 01:18 AM
Alas, I don't have much hair to spare. Thanks for sharing. =^..^=

EarthKmTech
01-05-2013, 01:20 AM
I assume the extra current available to successfully lockup the duplex clutch in load check mode is because absolutely nothing else is being powered at the same time, unlike in normal operation mode.

blackcat4866
01-05-2013, 01:00 PM
I assume the extra current available to successfully lockup the duplex clutch in load check mode is because absolutely nothing else is being powered at the same time, unlike in normal operation mode.

There's some logic to that. What jam codes? =^..^=

jrf
01-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Thanks for info

EarthKmTech
01-05-2013, 11:45 PM
I don't recall the jam code, unfortunately. But was along the lines of not meeting the sensor after the duplex rollers in a timely fashion.

The rollers don't even turn - you can watch the shaft with the front door open and switch tricked.

This machine only had 250 pages on the clock and it looks like they're slopping too much grease around in the drive units (again)

Custom Search