PDA

View Full Version : KM bizHUB 421 has Horizontal lines on all prints/copies ???

Custom Search

gerryhuerta
01-07-2013, 05:31 PM
So this machine is giving us horizontal lines accross each copy or print. Just about 2-months (28k prints) ago we replaced the entire drum unit but the tech DID NOT reset the drum counter. Up until recently we had been getting foggy background on the drum followed by the well known C-2801 TCR output Errror.

We have reset the C-2801 error but now we are getting these horizontal lines (like attached) what should be my next step..? We are posting here just before thinking to replace Developer????

Thanks for all your help.

Shadow
01-07-2013, 06:47 PM
check the cleaning auger and gear drive for the drum unit.
it looks like its packing up because there is a broken or damaged gear.

Synaux
01-07-2013, 07:11 PM
check the cleaning auger and gear drive for the drum unit.
it looks like its packing up because there is a broken or damaged gear.

Perhaps a damaged tranf belt gear too?

minimerlin
01-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Looks to me like either a dirty grid or drum or grid charge is incorrect due to count not being reset. Did you change the drum when you changed the drum assembly? Have a look at the settings on the machine.

mo0651
01-07-2013, 10:35 PM
Clean or replace the main charge wire and the transfer/ sep wires.

gerryhuerta
01-07-2013, 11:42 PM
All this is very helpful.. On my way with parts rightnow to check this out. Will update you soon :) Thanks again to all...

blackcat4866
01-08-2013, 12:26 AM
Looks to me like either a dirty grid or drum or grid charge is incorrect due to count not being reset. Did you change the drum when you changed the drum assembly? Have a look at the settings on the machine.

Clean or replace the main charge wire and the transfer/ sep wires.

I'm with minimerlin and mo0651. The lack of crisp edges on these lines, the way they waver, and the way they peter out indicate to me that there is lint in the primary grid or on the charge wire. =^..^=

nmfaxman
01-08-2013, 12:28 AM
I am thinking Blade flip.
Run 10 sky shots and see if it goes away, or turn the drum unit by hand and see if you get the marks.
Charge arc would not leave a set interval and a broken gear would happen more often.

Just my thought.

gerryhuerta
01-14-2013, 08:37 PM
I'm with minimerlin and mo0651. The lack of crisp edges on these lines, the way they waver, and the way they peter out indicate to me that there is lint in the primary grid or on the charge wire. =^..^=

minimerlin and the rest of you where correct. The charge grid wire was dirty and needed simple cleaning.. The original error threw us off in the wrong direction but I still dont know how we missed that.. Thanks to all...

blackcat4866
01-14-2013, 09:17 PM
Congratulations. =^..^=

Synaux
01-14-2013, 10:19 PM
minimerlin and the rest of you where correct. The charge grid wire was dirty and needed simple cleaning.. The original error threw us off in the wrong direction but I still dont know how we missed that.. Thanks to all...

Glad to hear you got it sorted out

brent
01-15-2013, 07:00 PM
glad you got it. this machine is easy to see that. corona wires and grid.
glad you got it fixed
brent

Custom Search