PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C6501 service code c2701 , c-2454

Custom Search

zietha
01-09-2013, 02:08 AM
I just replaced my black toner ,and when I boot the machine I get this error code, service code c-2701 , c-2454 , I checked all connections can you direct to the probable cause?
Thanks again to a great forum

Itsthepaper
01-09-2013, 02:39 AM
C2701 could be (1) the yellow corona unit or (2) HV power unit one.

C2454 is the Black toner density sensor is bad or being read incorrectly.

If your an operator call a tech.

If your a tech check SSD.

Hope this helps let me know.

Mick01
01-09-2013, 02:49 AM
Hi,
c-2701 relates to a fault in the the charge corona for Yellow. Most likely cause is the charge unit is not in correctly.
C-2454 relates to low toner density in the black dev unit. The way i recover from this is as follows.
Remove the Black developing unit
Pour a small amount of black toner into the dev unit (a messy job, the best way is to empty a small amount from the toner bottle onto some paper and pour into the dev unit using the paper)
Rotate the dev unit so that the toner conveys into the dev unit sufficiently.
Return the black dev unit to the machine and close the process unit
If enough toner is supplied manually this should recover the error when the machine is powered on.
Check the toner supply door. there is a plastic actuator on the door that activates a microswitch. if this is bent no power is supplied to the toner supply section
Enter service mode
02 process adjustment- 03 sensor output check- 07 toner density return mode
Highlight black and then press start. This should return the black density to the correct level. (i would highlight all colours though, this will ensure all colours are returned to the correct density)

Hope this helps

methogod
01-09-2013, 09:12 AM
And if i guy in a 3rd world country with a service manual he now has a 5K brick.

That's some serious "work arounds" for an end user....

If toners are spinning, wouldn't you just toner refresh do the trick, most likely bad DV BLACK UNIT or sensor for that matter.

Mick01
01-09-2013, 09:40 AM
It would be great if you could just run toner refresh but unfortunately when it is in fault condition it will code as soon as you start. The toner density in the dev has to be at a certain threshold before toner refresh will work.

eifling
01-09-2013, 05:52 PM
It would be great if you could just run toner refresh but unfortunately when it is in fault condition it will code as soon as you start. The toner density in the dev has to be at a certain threshold before toner refresh will work.

Not true. If you do it from the I/O Check 54-09 it will not code when you do it.

Also the guys problem all depends on how old his developer is. How old the developer housing is.

And if i guy in a 3rd world country with a service manual he now has a 5K brick.

That's some serious "work arounds" for an end user....

If toners are spinning, wouldn't you just toner refresh do the trick, most likely bad DV BLACK UNIT or sensor for that matter.

Not all end users are idiots :) He gave really good detailed instructions.

methogod
01-09-2013, 06:30 PM
i started as a end user, or in a print shop, so i think some stuff you will not need a tech for, but manually pouring in toner in a production machine - can be dicey

Mick01
01-09-2013, 10:59 PM
I hope we haven't confused the guy that originally posted this issue.

Eifling, you make a good point. Running in I\O mode will recover the fault condition (one good point with doing it this way is it displays the TCR value whilst running so you can confirm that the toner is being supplied and that the TCR sensor is functioning). Also a lot less messy than my suggestion. My only concern is that if the actuator on the toner supply door is bent and not actuating the microswitch it will not function (the toner reservoir will also be empty). Zietha mentioned in his original post that this occurred after replacing the toner which leads me to the bent actuator (reading between the lines so to speak).
A worn dev, dev unit can also give this problem but usually doing the procedure i outlined will recover from the fault code (it will just return soon after printing again).
Methogod does also make a good point in regards to advising "end users" of detailed technical advice, i will be mindful in the future. You will notice though i give no instructions on disassembly or how to enter service mode.
I am relatively new to this Forum and was assuming a certain amount of technical knowledge of the person asking the questions. I am in technical support with KM and spend most of my day asisting techs over the phone or via email.
Anyway rant over, thanks to you and Methogod for the feedback.:D

lnguye71
01-10-2013, 12:20 AM
I hope we haven't confused the guy that originally posted this issue.

Eifling, you make a good point. Running in I\O mode will recover the fault condition (one good point with doing it this way is it displays the TCR value whilst running so you can confirm that the toner is being supplied and that the TCR sensor is functioning). Also a lot less messy than my suggestion. My only concern is that if the actuator on the toner supply door is bent and not actuating the microswitch it will not function (the toner reservoir will also be empty). Zietha mentioned in his original post that this occurred after replacing the toner which leads me to the bent actuator (reading between the lines so to speak).
A worn dev, dev unit can also give this problem but usually doing the procedure i outlined will recover from the fault code (it will just return soon after printing again).
Methogod does also make a good point in regards to advising "end users" of detailed technical advice, i will be mindful in the future. You will notice though i give no instructions on disassembly or how to enter service mode.
I am relatively new to this Forum and was assuming a certain amount of technical knowledge of the person asking the questions. I am in technical support with KM and spend most of my day asisting techs over the phone or via email.
Anyway rant over, thanks to you and Methogod for the feedback.:D

Hi guys
Thanks for all good suggestions. Zietha and i are the owner of this Konica C6501 and Xerox DC8000 machines( we also having an issue with Dc8000 machine in Xerox forum: Heat roll needs to be reseated..). I am also having other question about this machine. In the machine life cycle report. It has:

Drum life for each color is over 200%
Developer life for each color over 200%

_How did the last owner manage to run this machine 2x 100% the life cycle allow?
_ If i replace the drum and the developer will the machine reset its life back to 0% automatically or need some tools to do this?
_Can we reset these # to 0 with out replacing part?
We bought this unit same time with the Xerox DC8000 and we are the end user with service manual on hand.
Thanks

methogod
01-10-2013, 12:50 AM
you can reset, but i would not.

if they are using the newer drums they can go beyond 100% but 200% is pushing it - no matter what.

I have let the drums go up to 103% (DU103C) and they cant hold half tone solids well.

DU104s are good for 350K on the C7000 which runs faster, so prob should go to far past 110% - but if the colors hold up you can let it go. Good rule of thumb when replacing DV you should replace DRUM if its close.

If you are going to self maintain a machine that is production quality, you need to learn how to read the symptoms of the machine.
OLD OWNER WAS PROB BUST AND DIDN'T WANT TO PAY A HIS BILL TO RE_ENABLE SERVICE (my experience)

TEST MODE IS YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND, if you don't test you wont know where to start. read about TEST MODE and running samples of colors, you want to do mixes of CYM at 80% to create greens, purples, and oranges... this is how you can tell if you drum is D.O.N.E OR they just didn't reset the counter.

good luck...

Mick01
01-10-2013, 12:54 AM
Hi,
Resetting the parts counters without replacing the items is not advisable. Doing the Developer initialising i beleive will reset the distance count but not the page count.
I would advise you get a tech in to do this work. If the counters are that far over it will probably require charge units, filters a transfer unit and possibly fuser rebuild. There are also a lot of adjustments that need to be performed after these are replaced. If you want to get the most out of the machine it is best left to be set up by a professional.

lnguye71
01-10-2013, 01:18 AM
Hi,
Resetting the parts counters without replacing the items is not advisable. Doing the Developer initialising i beleive will reset the distance count but not the page count.
I would advise you get a tech in to do this work. If the counters are that far over it will probably require charge units, filters a transfer unit and possibly fuser rebuild. There are also a lot of adjustments that need to be performed after these are replaced. If you want to get the most out of the machine it is best left to be set up by a professional.

Hi Mick
Thanks for all the advises. Problem is that both of these machines are shipped to VietNam and there are no Tech services for them as far as i know(and still looking for ) in area we live Ho chi Minh city. Your forum and the service manual on our hand are the only source we have.

methogod
01-10-2013, 01:26 AM
if you have all the supplies, i mean everything.

i would be up for a skype session showing you how to do a pm...

fuser is the only part i would wait till fail.

lnguye71
01-10-2013, 01:39 AM
Hi Method
So far i have: new Developer, New toner. What else should i get to be ready for you
thanks

Mick01
01-10-2013, 01:42 AM
Hi,
Authorised Distributer in Vietnam for KM production devices are
Sao Nam Co., Ltd[Distributor]7 Nam Quoc cang St, Ward 1 Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Tel: 848 39 255211
Fax: 848 39 255210
Email: chung.tk@saonam.com.vn
Products: Production Printing Systems

I would take Methogod up on his Skype offer as this service will be expensive. I hope you are good with a screwdriver!
good Luck

methogod
01-10-2013, 01:59 AM
i am not looking for a an 8 hour tour, but i have a pm due on my C6501, we can do it together, like a big extended konica family.

i would still need to confirm you not using the internet to translate text and you do speak perfect English. Also i need to know that machine is hooked up correctly (power, fishers, etc).

We charge 60/hr for tech support, but for something like this i would just do a flat few hundred bucks, as i know its a 3 hours job, for newby.

Mally
08-18-2016, 01:55 PM
Hi,
c-2701 relates to a fault in the the charge corona for Yellow. Most likely cause is the charge unit is not in correctly.
C-2454 relates to low toner density in the black dev unit. The way i recover from this is as follows.
Remove the Black developing unit
Pour a small amount of black toner into the dev unit (a messy job, the best way is to empty a small amount from the toner bottle onto some paper and pour into the dev unit using the paper)
Rotate the dev unit so that the toner conveys into the dev unit sufficiently.
Return the black dev unit to the machine and close the process unit
If enough toner is supplied manually this should recover the error when the machine is powered on.
Check the toner supply door. there is a plastic actuator on the door that activates a microswitch. if this is bent no power is supplied to the toner supply section
Enter service mode
02 process adjustment- 03 sensor output check- 07 toner density return mode
Highlight black and then press start. This should return the black density to the correct level. (i would highlight all colours though, this will ensure all colours are returned to the correct density)

Hope this helps

Hi there. Thank you so much for your help. That solution worked like a charm. Have an awesome day ahead. Stay blessed.

Custom Search