PDA

View Full Version : C284 "seperate scan from platen" glass

Custom Search

Phrag
01-10-2013, 04:52 AM
Hi guys.

I've got a small issue with a C284, where (scanning from the platen glass) it presents a screen asking if I want to load the next original, or finish and output a copy.

I found a setting called "Seperate Scan from Platen", which is set to "NO", and I've checked the default settings for scan and copy, and "Seperate Scan" is set to "Off" for both.

Keep in mind however, this issue isnt present when using the document feeder. I figured it was firmware bug. Has anyone else seen this?

Ive done a few searches, but cant find a lot on this model yet. Also KM haven't given me permission to download the new models firmware, or access service manuals for them yet either :mad:

PS: We are wating on parts for one of those horrid FS-533's that slip inside the document exit cavity, so I'll hold of flashing the firmware until its ready to go back in.

Any help will be appreciated.

mo0651
01-10-2013, 02:06 PM
Sort is default. change that.

TheOwl
01-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Go into:

1. Home (Menu)
2. Utility
3. User Settings
4. Copier Settings
5. Default Copy Setting
6. Factory Setting

This will reset you copy settings to the factory default. After that you shouldn't have an issue, but you may need to default the machine back to black and white.

JR2ALTA
01-11-2013, 12:20 AM
What owl said, except you turn off sort then select "current setting" OK to change just that default.

Phrag
01-11-2013, 12:47 AM
Cheers guys, I'll give that another go. I'm pretty sure I'd done that though. Can't hurt to do it again. Maybe I messed something up =S

scottybbb
01-11-2013, 12:50 AM
If it is defaulted to sort/offset it will ask you this when scanning from glass.

Custom Search