PDA

View Full Version : Special Firmware Descriptions...?

Custom Search

Synaux
01-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Is it just me or is the Konica site a mess?

I count nearly 70 special firmwares and a mere 7 base firmwares for a c650.

Unless one has memorized the differences between lets say the "GWW-R6" and the "GWP-6M" special firmwares, one is relegated to reading the PDF's for each firmware (which in my experience it tends to be a complete waste of time trying to find the correct needle in the numerous haystacks--much to my disappointment).

I found a pdf from Konica that was pretty useful for the IC-409 for example (which had a brief description for each FW and their prereqs), but in the c650 section it was remarkably vague.

Is there a chart or something with a quick breakdown of each special firmware?

Thanks!

JustManuals
01-12-2013, 12:41 AM
If there is a chart, I'd be interested in it too.

Paul@justmanuals.com

JR2ALTA
01-12-2013, 02:35 AM
You're preaching to the choir.

Kyocera releases only the latest firmware.

They basically call it version 1,2,3,4,5 and always include previous updates, so v.5 contains v.1-4

Between 80 firmwares, codes for sensor checks, soft switches, hideous feed units and unstable boards you earn your chops as a Konica tech.

I am trying my best to get back to a Kyo dealer before I completely burn out.

jotunn
01-13-2013, 09:26 PM
>Kyocera releases only the latest firmware.
>They basically call it version 1,2,3,4,5 and always include previous updates, so v.5 contains v.1-4

That's nice, Konica Minolta got own vision of updates - they're releasing for example some firmware with 20 important bugfixes, but in the next released firmware there is only 15 of them included. So reporting problem to HQ, a month later there is a maintenace release with 3 missing bugfixes, so reporting again, then a month or two later there is next MR firmware with included next 2 bugfixes, but "magically" missing 5 other earlier buxfixes...

According to my knowledge C224-C754 series is the last one with well known hardware/firmware philosophy, the next generation will be designed as a System on a Chip.

Custom Search