PDA

View Full Version : C252 with no display

Custom Search

axyun
01-12-2013, 12:47 AM
KM Bizhub C252 has no display. I turned off main switch and turned back on while holding utility key and display came on with image of hourglass but display went back off rather quickly. Did not get trouble reset screen. Any help is appreciated. Is this a PS issue. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

mmru4real
01-12-2013, 01:22 AM
It is a known issue and there is an foc replacement for the touch panel, but you have to call ssd first

EarthKmTech
01-12-2013, 01:31 AM
if you put a firmware card in the machine does it operate normal, ie, goto the firmware loading screen and allow the firmware to be loaded ?

if so, this is NOT a control panel issue.

axyun
01-12-2013, 01:44 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I have never done a firmware upgrade and am not aware of how the procedure is done. I go way back and have kind of stuck to the mechanics and go minimally involved with connectivity type problem. I used to service the rocks in the caveman days when there was double imaging and such from guys who chiseled stone and had double vision. I charged them double and they didn't know the difference.
I would probably have to forfeit the call or get someone who can do it to go with me and pay him handsomely. The call is in brooklyn,ny. Any takers? GBA

badusha
01-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Kindly check the NVRAm

axyun
01-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Thanks Badusha.

EarthKmTech
01-13-2013, 12:07 AM
Thats what i was getting at :cool:

because if the NVRAM is corrupt you can generally still load the firmware and experience a functional, fully illuminated control panel, which is a dead give away.

Synaux
01-14-2013, 10:33 PM
If all else fails, you might be able to use the jig software to interface with it via comm port (use a null modem comm cable)...it works on a p252 (which has no physical display).

Then, whoever is using the machine will have to use a laptop or something, but at least they can potentially use it until you get a solid fix. Basically this method creates a pseudo-screen interface via computer.

Also, will the machine respond when you press the keys next to the screen after warm-up (e.g., copy button, etc)?

If for nothing else, I want to know if the software would work...pm me if you need the software :)

axyun
01-15-2013, 02:06 AM
Thanks but you are talking to an exceedingly deficient tech when it comes to connectivity and the computer. Old school and never ventured passed very shallow waters of the newer technology. I realize it has gotten far more intertwined with the machines and will get even more so. I will have to get someone to assist and show me or forfeit certain calls. Frank

bowser
01-15-2013, 05:55 AM
check the condition of the m board by the powe supply on the left side of the machine

it could be bad

axyun
01-15-2013, 01:14 PM
Thank you Bowser. Frank

EarthKmTech
01-15-2013, 10:27 PM
Thanks but you are talking to an exceedingly deficient tech when it comes to connectivity and the computer. Old school and never ventured passed very shallow waters of the newer technology. I realize it has gotten far more intertwined with the machines and will get even more so. I will have to get someone to assist and show me or forfeit certain calls. Frank

Guys like you still have a place - no matter how complex things get on the I.T. side there will always be paper jams, technician consumables replacements and other mechanical issues that require addressing.

What service companies will want ultimately is for all techs to attain a certain minimal level of lets call it "I.T." knowledge so that when customers ask questions while your onsite they can be answered without involving another technician, which is a cost to the company. It's also beneficial to the company to be able to charge for work such as I.T. that is above and beyond the scope of the service contract. As copy costs drop continuously to unprofitable levels, the big players will depend more and more on service based revenue and contracted maintenance of software products etc. Love it or hate it, the I.T. side of things is here to stay and only going to continue to expand.

axyun
01-15-2013, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the good message, Richard. Stay warm. Want to do a service call in Brooklyn,NY?

Custom Search