PDA

View Full Version : new developer unit TASKalfa 5500i

Custom Search

A\ztech
01-13-2013, 08:23 PM
Can anybody tell me the procedure for setting up developer unit in a TASKalfa 5500i I must be doing something wrong. I did a full PM but could not figure out how to set up developer unit. followed the manual which says run U140 Then U464 Then U410. but still cant get a copy it comes out blank. Like I said I must be doing something wrong but not sure what, I had to use the old Unit till I figure it out. any help would be appreciated Thanks in Advance

Brianmhl
01-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Can anybody tell me the procedure for setting up developer unit in a TASKalfa 5500i I must be doing something wrong. I did a full PM but could not figure out how to set up developer unit. followed the manual which says run U140 Then U464 Then U410. but still cant get a copy it comes out blank. Like I said I must be doing something wrong but not sure what, I had to use the old Unit till I figure it out. any help would be appreciated Thanks in Advance

Have you tried running U130

A\ztech
01-13-2013, 08:56 PM
Yup tried that also

blackcat4866
01-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Did you replace the other developing unit for the same problem? Perhaps the developing unit is not being driven? Or a problem with the developer bias contact? =^..^=

dikyo
01-14-2013, 04:31 PM
In the new dev.unit is a film between the roller and the housing.
This must be removed before installing the unit.

Groet,

Dik

mossup
01-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Hi
I have had the same on three machines now , had to put old dev unit back in . thought it was something i was doing wrong ,but have other engineers with the same problem,

darry1322
01-18-2013, 01:21 PM
In the new dev.unit is a film between the roller and the housing.
This must be removed before installing the unit.

Groet,

Dik

This film has a rubber edge that you use to pull it from the developer unit. It can look like it belongs in the unit, but has to be removed. Pull the old developer and place it beside the new unit to compare.

vedder
01-22-2013, 05:54 PM
Hi, I just posted this, anone got any thoughts.....

Hi everyone, wondered if anyone can assist or at least confirm (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/#) what I am thinking. We have a Utax CDC1930, which is kyocera 3050ci, which is putting no cyan image on page, nothing at all, compleatly blank, all other colours perfect, the machine is relatively new, about 100k on count, I have swapped the dev and drum, no change, checked transfer belt, no obvious problems, although it is hard to tell, i have done a copy with the main charge for cyan out, no change, ran a copy with the magenta charge out, and get obvious magenta issue. Im leaning towards a charge related problem, HV board issue? we have one in the office we can try bits from, was just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue to try speed things up a little.

Thanks for reading, any thought/ comments appreciated.

dikyo
01-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Is the developing unit C really rotating?
maybe is there problem with the coupling.

Grtz

Dikyo

vedder
01-22-2013, 07:59 PM
As far as I can tell it is, is the drive to the devs on these machines a known fault?

Is the developing unit C really rotating?
maybe is there problem with the coupling.

Grtz

Dikyo

dikyo
01-22-2013, 08:22 PM
No its not a known fault.

I'am just thinking....

It also can be a bad contact of the transfer
C terminal.

blackandwhite
01-24-2013, 02:03 PM
Hi, I just posted this, anone got any thoughts.....

Hi everyone, wondered if anyone can assist or at least confirm (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/#) what I am thinking. We have a Utax CDC1930, which is kyocera 3050ci, which is putting no cyan image on page, nothing at all, compleatly blank, all other colours perfect, the machine is relatively new, about 100k on count, I have swapped the dev and drum, no change, checked transfer belt, no obvious problems, although it is hard to tell, i have done a copy with the main charge for cyan out, no change, ran a copy with the magenta charge out, and get obvious magenta issue. Im leaning towards a charge related problem, HV board issue? we have one in the office we can try bits from, was just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue to try speed things up a little.

Thanks for reading, any thought/ comments appreciated.

hi...
the same kind of problem hunted as last month..finally we solved it.... the laser unit was faulty..in this machine individual laser units are there for each color...don't interchange the laser unit... you will get color registraion problem... so order for a new laser unit and try that ...best of luck.....

darry1322
01-24-2013, 05:29 PM
Is this still a 5500i thread?

I'm kind of new around here but on most boards you add a new thread for a different problem.

Just wondering what the normal protocol is?

vedder
01-24-2013, 07:46 PM
Cheers for that blackandwhite, i will look at trying the laser tomorrow, gonna go armed with a load of bits, so hopefully will have a solution.

darry1322, Yeah, I realise I piggybacked my problem on someone elses thread, it just seemed relavent to the problem I was having so thought I would stick it on, I did post a seperate thread, but I was pretty desperate for a solution so I just wanted as many people to see it as poss, I don`t post a right lot on here, sorry for taking over someone elses thread.

A\ztech
01-29-2013, 12:45 AM
Boy do I feel dumb, went back out to the account today and sure enough there was rubber piece between the mag roller and housing still in the new developer. The only way I noticed it is by comparing them side by side. They should make that piece bright red or something. Thanks for your help guys.

darry1322
01-29-2013, 01:07 AM
Boy do I feel dumb, went back out to the account today and sure enough there was rubber piece between the mag roller and housing still in the new developer. The only way I noticed it is by comparing them side by side. They should make that piece bright red or something. Thanks for your help guys.

I went through the same thing. Once I pulled the new unit and placed it beside the old unit I could see the strip. I know it's shown in the illustration that comes with the unit, but I still missed it.

vedder
02-19-2013, 07:23 PM
Just in case it helps anyone out in the future, I changed the HV board on my machine with no cyan iage printed and it worked fine. :-)

Custom Search