PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 283 J32-31

Custom Search

Chameleon
01-14-2013, 06:39 PM
This one is trying my patience. An intermittent J32-31, exit jam. Only 50k on the meter, no finisher. Does it from 1st, 2nd, and bypass, single or two-sided. I actually ran 150 legal 2-sided before it jammed. Most of the time I can't get 100 out without a jam.

Things I have done. 1st call I updated the firmware, ordered the exit motor and replaced it.
2nd call I ordered the exit sensor and replaced it but still jammed so I ordered the DC controller. I replaced the DC controller and it jammed 1st copy out. I cut all the wire ties and moved to different outlet. Still jams, J32-31. It isn't catching on anything, it just stops with the paper coming out an inch or two. I ordered the MFP controller but wanted a second opinion from here. Thanks!

blackcat4866
01-14-2013, 07:10 PM
Have you put your meter on the sensor to see if it's changing state, or tested it in I/O mode? You could have a damaged harness from PS3. PS3 sits right over the fuser, and since being cooked to death is the most common failure among photosensors, changing it was the most likely solution.

Is the paper bunched up past the fuser, as though the fuser drove the paper all the way through but the exit did not drive? This is what I would expect from a exit motor issue.

Also check the right door blocking linkage. You know, when you lift the fuser door, the right door cannot be closed? Some endusers get quite physical with the right door, bending up the metal frames, trying to force it closed. =^..^=

Custom Search