PDA

View Full Version : page scope mobile

Custom Search

brent
01-15-2013, 06:54 PM
I would really like to utilize my iphone in printing here at my office and home. I have bizhub 601 bizhub 423 machines here at the office. as well as others. and at home I have a magicolor 4650 I have dabbled with this before. but could never get it to print. what steps should I take . or is there a instruction sheet on how to set one up? thanks

brent

Kidaver
01-15-2013, 07:05 PM
as long as your phone and the mfp are on the same network it should autodetect it. I'm not sure if the 601 works as I've not tried one but I know for a fact the 423 will. Also not sure on the magic color. Not all machines are supported as I can't print to the c7000p we have in our printshop from it. Also for printing it will only print certain file types. You can access your pictures, an email account you set up, google drive docs if you got one. If you have access to KMBS there is a page and such with info and a pdf if I recall.

TheOwl
01-16-2013, 10:09 PM
From memory, you must have Bonjour enabled if you are using an iDevice.

kon
01-17-2013, 02:12 AM
The Bluetooth option works great.

RRodgers
01-17-2013, 03:09 AM
The Bluetooth option works great.
What Bluetooth option? I haven't seen on yet.

wseyller
01-17-2013, 03:50 AM
Not sure about iPhone but the android version supports the 601 and 423. The 601 may have some limitations to options. I am 99% sure your magicolor is not support by the page scope mobile app.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/17/y6ysytuv.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

emujo
01-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Your must have a wireless network access, and the target MFPs must be able to be accessed through the wireless network..If this is determined to be true, then you can download either the apple, or android app and get started...Basically you just use the app to search (or manually input IP) for any devices and it sets itself up..I usually use the webdav scan funtion to scan back to my nexus. Pretty neat..Emujo

brent
01-17-2013, 02:01 PM
I have the app. Just was having a hard time to get it connected. I am going to spend some

time in this this am. Hope I will see it this time with your guys help. I'll let you know. Thanks

kon
01-19-2013, 07:51 PM
I have a customer that uses pagescope moble on I pad. They are able to print some pdfs but others wont print. The files will print fine from a pc. An ideas?

RRodgers
01-19-2013, 09:00 PM
I have a customer that uses pagescope moble on I pad. They are able to print some pdfs but others wont print. The files will print fine from a pc. An ideas?

Proof!!! PC's work better!! ha ha!

Kidaver
01-21-2013, 02:00 PM
The app only supports a few file types. The iPhone and iPad were never originally designed to print. Apple really hasn't done a whole lot to support this and left it up pretty much to third parties. So yes you can print with them with the right app but you have very limited functionality on what you can and can not print. I have a few customers who use this app and the Kyocera one and I'll answer simple questions about it but I do tell them right up front that I don't support the app. So if they have problems they can call Konica or Kyocera as I don't have the time or patience to deal with it.

brent
01-21-2013, 03:16 PM
I appreciate all the input. Thanks

brent
02-07-2013, 11:54 PM
I went to the c364 class last week and was able to get a wealth of knowledge on page scope mobile. which I did. and I worked today on my bizhub 423 and was able to get it to print very easily. I attempted scanning and was doing pretty good. input the iphone ip address and the 8080 number. but when it scans it does say that I need to check the job log. failed to complete job. check log
I went just as the manual stated. any ideas? also when I scan do I need to imput my web dav address all the time. or can I make a short cut? I appreciate all the thoughts
brent

brent
02-07-2013, 11:58 PM
also I noticed on my iphone you can not simply go into my pictures on the phone and print. I guess I need to go into the pagescope mobile app. then access any pics or documents. I am pretty excited to have gotten this far.

RRodgers
02-08-2013, 02:50 AM
I went to the c364 class last week and was able to get a wealth of knowledge on page scope mobile. which I did. and I worked today on my bizhub 423 and was able to get it to print very easily. I attempted scanning and was doing pretty good. input the iphone ip address and the 8080 number. but when it scans it does say that I need to check the job log. failed to complete job. check log
I went just as the manual stated. any ideas? also when I scan do I need to imput my web dav address all the time. or can I make a short cut? I appreciate all the thoughts
brent

I was at C8000 last week. What state did you goto school in? I was in Huntington beach Ca.

Kidaver
02-08-2013, 02:04 PM
I just use my google account set up in PS mobile for my scanning...I find it to be easier than messing with the webdav....

brent
02-11-2013, 04:31 PM
I was at C8000 last week. What state did you goto school in? I was in Huntington beach Ca.
I went to pacific office automation school. gerald mueller was our awesome instructor. went with mike z from the board here.

brent
02-11-2013, 04:33 PM
I have it all set up. it just seems I am missing one spot. I can not get the scanns to hit the phone. seems there is something missing in the text. it will feed and scan. but it doesnt seem to go anywhere. any other thoughts? I want to use web dav. as I don't want to open a google account.

brent

Custom Search