PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 200 tray 2 saying Replenish paper

Custom Search

beano
01-16-2013, 03:22 AM
it sees the paper size but i get the Replenish paper message tray doesn't lift
i just paid a tech to flash the machine with the latest firmware that didn't fix it i saw a soultion saying it might, anyway he can't figure it out any thoughts on what it can be

CThurman
01-16-2013, 04:53 AM
it sees the paper size but i get the Replenish paper message tray doesn't lift
i just paid a tech to flash the machine with the latest firmware that didn't fix it i saw a soultion saying it might, anyway he can't figure it out any thoughts on what it can be
When you close the tray the back frame of the tray pushes on a white plastic bar mounted on the paper pickup assembly. On alot of these machines that bar gets bent back after time. Thats why sometimes slamming the tray in will sometimes get a lift on the tray. Make sure the lift arm (bar) is being activated correctly. Konica has an updated part number for the lift arm and also added a shim to the rear of the cassette body to provide more push on the bar. Also the paper size switches located all the way in the rear are a potential issue. If i remember correctly, it uses a switch pcb assy there. Those paper trays are really easy to swap also, and swapping paper pickup assys or trying a pickup assy out of another machine could be useful for troubleshooting. I see this alot on biz420-500 series also. Same design on pu assys.

mick o connor
01-17-2013, 11:05 PM
correct , the black arm at the back of the paper feed activates paper lift up when tray is pushed in, often gets broken when trays are slammed,
easy to check, take out tray 1 and check arm , compare to tray 2, feed unit has to come out to replace arm and comes out from paper tray side.
good luck Mick

Darren King
01-18-2013, 12:30 AM
Also, the a failing registration clutch can cause a false "replenish paper" message. And the tray will crack where it latches to the machine. There is a reinforcing plate available to fix it.
Hope this helps.
Darren

Custom Search