PDA

View Full Version : c650 frail plastic housing...

Custom Search

Synaux
01-17-2013, 01:37 AM
What a #%&ing joke...this hardware for a c650 is total junk!!! I am going to find the Genius that created this and do something...mean to him

Be very very careful with the assembly of this part; especially if you an idiot helper who likes to unscrew everything all the way out all the time...

EarthKmTech
01-17-2013, 10:25 AM
yep, I've seen a grand total of 1 machine with that issue in the hundreds we have, and, it was also caused by a retard technician.

Doesn't matter how good something is made, some dumb ass will always find a way of breaking it. I personally think that design is fine, its the ham fisted morons at the bottom of the barrel that are accepted as techs these days that worry me more.

Spidula
01-17-2013, 06:34 PM
yep, I've seen a grand total of 1 machine with that issue in the hundreds we have, and, it was also caused by a retard technician.

Doesn't matter how good something is made, some dumb ass will always find a way of breaking it. I personally think that design is fine, its the ham fisted morons at the bottom of the barrel that are accepted as techs these days that worry me more.

I broke a brand spanking new punch kit on an install because I was having a bad day and got annoyed with it. Yanked it out of the machine and left half the wiring loom in the finisher. Lesson learned! :rolleyes:

EarthKmTech
01-17-2013, 10:03 PM
What do you call a technician that only carries a single Phillips screw driver to every job he goes to?

Never cleans anything, never changes rollers, doesn't know how to fix anything other than paper stuck behind trays etc. Even if he changes a fusing unit on a c451/452 series, the new fuser goes straight in, regardless of how much buildup is on the induction coil. Good techs have to follow him around and change the fuser a second time because of the score marks and clean the coil properly.

If I was the manager, I would call him "unemployed"

However, this is a real world technician, working on a copier near you.

It's enough to drive a tech to drink, but hey, no one listens anyway.

Synaux
01-17-2013, 10:39 PM

Well, yea...I guess the design itself isn't that bad, but the plastic seems a little thin.
You should have seen the argument we got into after he told me that I unscrewed all the way. We were about to go to fist city.

Anyways, I fixed it with some lock washers by filling in the gap between the plastic and the square nut (I used lock washers because they were smaller in diameter) and everything is working.

mrwho
01-17-2013, 11:11 PM
I'm the only one bitching about the fact that they hid all the screws on the covers to make the machine look "beautiful", making it impossible to remove a single cover without removing all the surrounding covers also?

I'd like to get the designer of these machines, get them buck-naked, dip them in red-eye gravy and release them onto a pack of hungry wild dogs!

Synaux
01-17-2013, 11:38 PM
Well they are beautiful! :P

mrwho
01-18-2013, 08:47 AM
So is Clay Aiken, and that is not a good thing!

Synaux
01-18-2013, 11:17 PM
So is Clay Aiken, and that is not a good thing!

Is it a good or bad thing that I had to Google who that is??

mrwho
01-19-2013, 04:31 PM
I know him just because jeff Dunham mentioned him - we have something worse here in my country, but the meaning would be lost to 99,9% of the readers. But I think it would illustrate my idea much better.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/376748236_3fe995407f_o.jpg

Yup, it's a guy. *Shudder*

Custom Search