PDA

View Full Version : IU End of Life Issue

Custom Search

Synaux
01-18-2013, 11:12 PM
Working on a c650 + IC-409 again.
I flashed the firmware (C650_A00H0Y0-F000-GS6-R6) and changed software switch 54 to 00001100 if I remember correctly to suppress the IU life message (and low toner message--on the owner's request).

I changed the setting in service mode (and stop 0 clear) to IU Life Stop setting to No Stop.

So the messages disappeared for the IU replacements making the machine useable. Or so I thought--it appears that the Fiery is halting printing, but inconsistently.

On the screen, I get the dandy little "Alert" icon. When I press it, the very informative Fiery interface tells me that the Yellow IU over life limit. Yes, I know darling, just print...restarting the 409 sometimes works, but most of the time the printer shows as Offline in XP.

Any ideas?

*edit*
It is probably worth bearing in mind that I can ping the Fiery. Also, for the past hour or so, it will only print one job then I have to restart the Fiery...

Chameleon
01-19-2013, 12:27 AM
You did the wrong dip switches. I don't know what switch 54 does. We set switch 55 bits 2,3 to 1's. And switch 51 bits 4,5,6,7 to 1's. In case it still shows offline, disabling SNMP in the printer port will fix that.

Synaux
01-19-2013, 01:23 AM
You did the wrong dip switches. I don't know what switch 54 does. We set switch 55 bits 2,3 to 1's. And switch 51 bits 4,5,6,7 to 1's. In case it still shows offline, disabling SNMP in the printer port will fix that.

You are absolutely correct I have the wrong switch!
From my notes:
For Konica C650
Switch 51
00000100 [hex=04]= Disables IU message (requires power cycling)
00001100 [hex=0C]= Disables Low Toner & IU replacement message (requires restart too).
I am using the latter, but I will try 11110000 (whats the difference I wonder)
What does switch 55 do??

I disabled SNMP, and at first glace things seem to be working, but its late and I am going home ;)
Do you know why SNMP would cause this, or is it just one of those things that you know to be true?

Thanks for replying!

emujo
01-21-2013, 02:12 PM
SNMP is the communication protocal the MFP uses to get the configuration status back to the driver..This is how we know what options are on the MFP, paper tray settings and levels, toner levels etc...The only way I would be OK with turning this off is if you are NOT using any type of authentication and the drivers can be defaulted to the current machine configuration and you are pretty sure the customer will not change anything. Additionaly, the PPLM firmware does not affect the way the MFP reports back to the controller as to it's status, thats why you are getting these messages. I know KM is aware of this issue and is working with EFI to address it, but it should not cause the MFP to stop printing. EMujo

Custom Search