PDA

View Full Version : Enable Graphic Art package on Fiery s300?

Custom Search

sanimir
01-20-2013, 12:50 PM
How to enable Graphic Art package on Fiery s300?

Thanks

I have no money for the manual-I live in a poor country :)

RRodgers
01-20-2013, 05:51 PM
How to enable Graphic Art package on Fiery s300?

Thanks

I have no money for the manual-I live in a poor country :)

Buy it. It't been a LONG time but I think it's a dongle. I've never seen a Fiery with one.

sanimir
01-20-2013, 05:54 PM
Buy it. It't been a LONG time but I think it's a dongle. I've never seen a Fiery with one.

I have dongle and install package.
After restart no package on config list and no in cws.

RRodgers
01-20-2013, 05:59 PM
You put the cd in and did the update right? Did you leave the dongle plugged in?

**edit**
Found this in the data base,
" A dongle is required for to enable the feature before using this CD. Insert the dongle prior to selecting the update option from the CD menu. "

sanimir
01-20-2013, 06:04 PM
[QUOTE=RRodgers;335767]You put the cd in and did the update right? Did you leave the dongle plugged in?

Yes RRodgers :(

sanimir
01-20-2013, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=sanimir;335768][QUOTE=RRodgers;335767]You put the cd in and did the update right? Did you leave the dongle plugged in?

Any help for this situation RRodgers

KenB
01-20-2013, 09:27 PM
Is the dongle new, or did you get a used one from somewhere?

The dongle can only be used once, as I recall.

Used ones are normally useless on most models. (It's been a loooong time since I've worked with an S300, as well.)

sanimir
01-20-2013, 09:28 PM
Is the dongle new, or did you get a used one from somewhere?

The dongle can only be used once, as I recall.

Used ones are normally useless on most models. (It's been a loooong time since I've worked with an S300, as well.)

new one

KenB
01-20-2013, 09:57 PM
The dongle comes with an install CD, and printed installation instructions.

Put the dongle on. boot from the CD, and follow the directions on screen.

sanimir
01-20-2013, 10:32 PM
The dongle comes with an install CD, and printed installation instructions.

Put the dongle on. boot from the CD, and follow the directions on screen.

Please read post no4:
I have dongle and install package.
After restart no package on config list and no in cws.

KenB
01-21-2013, 01:56 AM
Try reinstalling system software.

RRodgers
01-21-2013, 03:24 AM
Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is your are missing a patch or an update or something.

oxident
01-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Is there any chance to get a copy of this CD? Just want to know what exactly this CD does. As far as I know, the required software is already part of the Fiery System Software ... so I'm wondering why you need this CD at all :confused:

jotunn
01-26-2013, 08:54 PM
@oxident
There is HASP dongle, and installation CD - during Fiery option installation process you have to put a dongle into USB (or LPT in legacy Fiery's) port, then you have to boot fiery from install CD.
A program on CD checks:
- if this is a Fiery at all
- if this is a proper Fiery
- currently installed options
- if a dongle is installed
- if this is a valid dongle
- if option related to dongle is not yet installed
Then asks you if you want to enable option, and if you accept, makes proper modifications in BIOS.

I did it already... everything you thought about...

oxident
01-26-2013, 09:58 PM
Interesting details, thanks for that!

One thing remains unclear to me: What to do if you have a headless (non-FACI) Fiery? Can you start the update process remotely?

sanimir
01-26-2013, 10:07 PM
You update via rip lcd

oxident
01-26-2013, 10:22 PM
But you still need another machine for the installation CD?

sanimir
01-26-2013, 10:36 PM
This machine have cd. Almost all external rip have cd/dvd

jotunn
01-26-2013, 10:54 PM
No, let me clear that.
There are two kind of Fiery controllers:
- embedded - without CD-ROM, without built-in LCD and _without_ possibility of installing options
- standalone - with CD-ROM (or DVD-ROM in newer Fiery controllers), built-in LCD, and possibility of installing various options

With embedded controller you can communicate through a copier touch panel - after installation of such Fiery controller additional menu is displayed on screen. There is almost no possibility to "extend" those Fierys, you can add a memory, install newer OS version (if there is any, through network/USB with special app, or locally with pendrive), or install patches, and nothing more...

Standalone Fiery has built-in small LCD for configuration and also shows additional menu on copier screen. You can install software (and options) through local CD/DVD drive.

kronical
02-13-2013, 11:33 PM
No, let me clear that.
There are two kind of Fiery controllers:
- embedded - without CD-ROM, without built-in LCD and _without_ possibility of installing options
- standalone - with CD-ROM (or DVD-ROM in newer Fiery controllers), built-in LCD, and possibility of installing various options

With embedded controller you can communicate through a copier touch panel - after installation of such Fiery controller additional menu is displayed on screen. There is almost no possibility to "extend" those Fierys, you can add a memory, install newer OS version (if there is any, through network/USB with special app, or locally with pendrive), or install patches, and nothing more...

Standalone Fiery has built-in small LCD for configuration and also shows additional menu on copier screen. You can install software (and options) through local CD/DVD drive.

You certainly can add options, pull the rubber plug out of the usb port. you can also use usb cd/dvd drives.

The dongle goes into the fiery, not the workstation.

oxident
02-13-2013, 11:45 PM
The dongle goes into the fiery, not the workstation.
Except for the Impose (aka DocBuilder, aka SeeQuence) function. This dongle goes into the workstation.

Custom Search