PDA

View Full Version : KM Bizhub C550 Unresponsive screen and buttons

Custom Search

mntech
01-22-2013, 12:21 AM
Customer had a power outage, after power came back on, the machine is no long responding.

-Normal boot will get to the main copier screen, hard keys and touch screen will not respond, also turning off the control panel power will do nothing, screen just stays on.
-Customer was not able to print, I did not check to see if the machine could be pinged or access the web interface.
-With HDD disconnected, displays error C-D004 but still no response from any hard/touch buttons. Cannot access service mode.
-Holding Utility during power on phase to get to trouble reset will show the black circle in top right corner, but after a min the circle goes away and machine freezes at Konica Minolta screen and will not make it to "trouble reset" (same thing happens with or without hard drive plugged in)
-All fuses on power supply board are good
-Tried another blank hard drive, same results as above.

Saw another post on here that looks like firmware fixed the problem, although another tech told me they had the same problem from another C550 and it was the power supply board that fixed the problems(his machine had multiple blown fuses tho, board was replaced and worked)

Do you think firmware would help or should I just go right for the power supply board?

Thank You!

Mr Spock
01-22-2013, 12:36 AM
I would try firmware then power supply.

MAD0RAM
01-22-2013, 01:27 AM
Try the memory on the MFB.

kingarthur
01-22-2013, 12:19 PM
had a similar problem on a C451...it was the RAM, used one from a C203

mo0651
01-22-2013, 02:01 PM
Just had a c253 that had the ready screen up but would not do anything. Reseat connectors to the screen and boards and away it went. When we had memory chip problem, the screen was blank but the lights were on. (i.e. the circle around start button)

JustManuals
01-22-2013, 05:57 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

mrwho
01-22-2013, 06:17 PM
I believe there's an NVRAM reset utility that could help you in those cases.

Synaux
01-22-2013, 10:14 PM
Of course try the firmware before replacing a board...
Mrwho is correct, there is a NVRAM reset that would probably be the most useful.
I am fairly certain you want "C550_A00J0Y0-F000-GCQ-J8(00)."

You can check the memory with modules from another machine or put the modules in a laptop and check with memtest86. If I remember correctly, you cannot have a module in the top slot in the mfp board (just remember which DIMM was originally empty and keep it that way ;)

Good Luck.

JustManuals
01-23-2013, 06:47 PM
I have the NVRAM reset tool. Contact me in email if interested.

Paul@justmanuals.com

mntech
01-31-2013, 11:07 PM
Fixed.

Ended up being the RAM dimms on the control board.

I tried those before I did firmware or power supply, ram dimms came from a parts machine same model.

Thanks everyone!

mrwho
01-31-2013, 11:54 PM
Fixed.

Ended up being the RAM dimms on the control board.

I tried those before I did firmware or power supply, ram dimms came from a parts machine same model.

Thanks everyone!

Thanks for the heads up! Will keep that in mind if I ever come across that problem. Reps to you!

EarthKmTech
02-01-2013, 08:11 AM
I've had that before on the c451.

its quite common, for some reason that ram likes to fry - having said that ive had it die in old laptops too so it aint km's fault - for a change.

mntech
07-18-2014, 06:44 PM
I just ran into an unresponsive bizhub c451

Machine would come to the main screen and after about 15 seconds the screen would freeze. Screen, hard buttons, and panel power button wouldn't respond. I could access trouble reset.

Problem went away after I rebooted machine with network cord disconnected.

I deleted all pending print jobs from everybody's computer, but once I plugged the network cord back in, the data light wouldflash and machine would freeze. I ended up setting the machine to a new IP address and updated everyone's print queue port. So there was either a computer on the network I missed that had a corrupted print job or something on the network conflicting with printer.

long story short, be sure to disconnect network first before attempting firmware, ram, or power supply

Custom Search