PDA

View Full Version : Remote Firmware Upgrade, Bizhub C224?

Custom Search

Hacky
01-22-2013, 11:59 AM
So I'm looking into being able to remotely upgrade C224 clients firmware from my office..

I guess this works in the same way that you are able to remotely control the panel of a C224.. So can you easily upgrade firmware similarly?

Has anybody tried this? Know anything about this?

Seems like an interesting feature that could save a lot of time and effort travelling to clients just to upgrade firmware!

TheOwl
01-22-2013, 09:49 PM
If you are talking about Internet ISW, then the basics to this is that you would need a static IP for all the machines to point to, firewalls from your side and the clients side enabled to allow FTP traffic in and out and an FTP server setup correctly on your site which hosts all the firmware files.

From the FTP server, you need to make sure that the firmware for each make and model is place into a correctly named folder. You can test this to make sure it works by pointing a machine within your network at the FTP server and see if it updates.

By the way, DO NOT USE ANONYMOUS ACCESS FOR YOUR FTP SERVER!!! To ensure your networks security, make a standard username and complex password that all machines in the field would use to access your FTP server.

Custom Search