PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried ? C652 transfer belt in a B/W 652

Custom Search

EarthKmTech
01-23-2013, 08:40 AM
Does it fit ?

and does the machine care ?

I would assume the only real difference is the cost reduction because of the missing colour transfer rollers in the black only version.

juve
01-23-2013, 09:01 AM
sorry,but does a b/w 652 need a transfer belt!?

Avskrap
01-23-2013, 09:43 AM
sorry,but does a b/w 652 need a transfer belt!?

A B/W 652 is a C652 with a cheap cover over the gaping holes where the color toners and imaging units would be. So yes, it does need a transfer belt.

EarthKmTech
01-23-2013, 09:55 AM
The B/W 652 uses a different part number transfer belt that lacks the colour transfer rollers, other than that all the other tech consumables are the same as the C652.

Would be interesting to know if in a pinch the colour transfer belt can be used.

EarthKmTech
01-23-2013, 09:58 AM
A B/W 652 is a C652 with a cheap cover over the gaping holes where the color toners and imaging units would be. So yes, it does need a transfer belt.

It does have a different PRCB, MFP board and firmware. I dont mind them as i never really have any issues with them and we have A LOT of them.

Avskrap
01-23-2013, 10:07 AM
It does have a different PRCB, MFP board and firmware. I dont mind them as i never really have any issues with them and we have A LOT of them.

Well, yes. I was merely adressing the question posed by juve.

We've got alot of them aswell, never had any issues with any of them. Could be that we've got them in places where the customer's got a healthy staff of knowledgeable and tech-savvy people that won't call us just because they can't feed a manhandled stack of stapled, trampled and torn paper through the ADF, but wait until the shit hits the fan.
God, if only every customer could be like that... I'd have no job!

EarthKmTech
01-23-2013, 10:15 AM
A few of the early ones with the first version dev units I experienced the anti scatter mylar peel off and wrap around the drum and destroy the belt. Now that they've revised the mylars it doesn't seem to happen anymore.

juve
01-23-2013, 04:37 PM
ooops sorry ,ok,I thought b/w stands for black and white.sorry to interrupt.

EarthKmTech
01-23-2013, 09:57 PM
It does stand for black and white.

If your not aware or its not sold in your market, there is a black only version of the C652 engine, known just as the bizhub 652.

Its the same chassis without the colour parts, ie, single laser, no colour ius, no colour transfer rollers / toners etc or HV, and modified mfp, prcb and firmware to suit.

juve
01-24-2013, 04:56 PM
It does stand for black and white.

If your not aware or its not sold in your market, there is a black only version of the C652 engine, known just as the bizhub 652.

Its the same chassis without the colour parts, ie, single laser, no colour ius, no colour transfer rollers / toners etc or HV, and modified mfp, prcb and firmware to suit.
ok,it's good to know.

Custom Search