PDA

View Full Version : C220 C280 C360 Drum Chips

Custom Search

pajeroid
01-23-2013, 02:38 PM
Does anybody know what the ICP1 SMD is on the drum chips?

They have a marking of either 'A' or '101' on the top. I have tried googling for SMD fuses but the markings I can find begin with 'B'. I have tested before putting a chip in a machine with a continuity tester and it beeps, when removed it has broken the circuit, pointing to the IC being a fuse.

Any ideas or ways to test a new fuse out of a circuit?

Many thanks,

Dave.

jotunn
01-23-2013, 05:07 PM
There are two elements:
- resistor - with marking "101" means 100 Ω, but as I remember there were different resistors for black and colour drums
- fuse - with marking "A" it _could_ be 63mA, but I haven't seen SMD fuses with amperage lower than 125mA, so it could be "special order"

pajeroid
01-23-2013, 05:21 PM
There are two elements:
- resistor - with marking "101" means 100 Ω, but as I remember there were different resistors for black and colour drums
- fuse - with marking "A" it _could_ be 63mA, but I haven't seen SMD fuses with amperage lower than 125mA, so it could be "special order"

I was thinking along the same lines with the small radial green fuses being 63mA - I'm going to order some and give it a try - will post back with the results.

minimerlin
01-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Not sure why you need to reset the drum units...why not just set the machine using the firmware to just run until copy quality requires drum renewals.

jotunn
01-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Not sure why you need to reset the drum units...why not just set the machine using the firmware to just run until copy quality requires drum renewals.

Because you can sell a fuse in a price of a new drum for example... :/ Doesn't matter if this is ethical, criminal or not, but some companies use such methods...

Firmware is good only for copy-contracts, or copier rent.

pajeroid
01-28-2013, 09:33 AM

This is fine for some people but for others the 'Oil Warning Can' saying L1, L2, L3, L4 has them complaining / asking questions / or even worse, GOOGLING, AGhhhHHHhhHH! lol.

Darren King
01-28-2013, 12:26 PM
This is fine for some people but for others the 'Oil Warning Can' saying L1, L2, L3, L4 has them complaining / asking questions / or even worse, GOOGLING, AGhhhHHHhhHH! lol.

Just tell them the truth. The IUs are designed to go perform well past their life rating and it would be irresponsible envronmentally to just throw them away when the machine says they are done.
Darren

mitchl
01-31-2013, 10:24 PM
There are logical reasons other than screwing the customer. I buy these mainly used and of course set them up for no "warnings" but it is nice to take them out to a customer showing all the supplies at the beginning of their life. Understand 99% of what goes out goes under contract so its on our dime per say but its still gives the customer the warm fuzzies just knowing especially if they had another BHC machine and are familiar with the utility button and the state of consumables tab!

So I need to buy a C220/280/360 resetter anybody know who has them?

Custom Search