PDA

View Full Version : C284 tray 2 jams J2001

Custom Search

faultman
01-23-2013, 05:17 PM
Hello
Having problems with a C284 giving random J2001 jams from tray 2. The machine is on version 68 firmware and tray1 & 2 feed assembly has been changed for this jamming issue but the problem remains. :(
Any advice would be really appreciated
thanks.

JustManuals
01-23-2013, 07:17 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

juve
01-23-2013, 07:54 PM
Hello
Having problems with a C284 giving random J2001 jams from tray 2. The machine is on version 68 firmware and tray1 & 2 feed assembly has been changed for this jamming issue but the problem remains. :(
Any advice would be really appreciated
thanks.
have you tried replacing feed rubbers and one way clutches of this tray?than try replacing the clutch.

faultman
01-23-2013, 08:01 PM
have you tried replacing feed rubbers and one way clutches of this tray?than try replacing the clutch.

when replacing the feed assembly all feed rubbers/roller and clutches are included within the assembly.....machine lasted two days before customer booked the machine back in for jamming again

Darren King
01-23-2013, 11:06 PM
First thing I would check is the clutch. They get rusty and slip. Replace it if needed.
Darren

juve
01-24-2013, 04:42 PM
when replacing the feed assembly all feed rubbers/roller and clutches are included within the assembly.....machine lasted two days before customer booked the machine back in for jamming again
so then i will go for the clutch.replace the clutch

work shop
02-28-2013, 09:19 PM
so then i will go for the clutch.replace the clutch

We have found if you replace the spring on the take up roller assy
With the one supplied in the assy for thin paper this helps with the problem

EarthKmTech
02-28-2013, 09:44 PM
We have found if you replace the spring on the take up roller assy
With the one supplied in the assy for thin paper this helps with the problem

what he said

especially if its A3, its a known issue from tray 2 on all the machines 224 - 554

NiklasT
04-25-2013, 02:03 PM
I also changed the spring and upgrade to Version 70
I cross my finger that this is the solution. because we had big trouble with C284 tray 2

best wishess/ Niklas T

kurtjo
04-25-2013, 02:30 PM
Clean the black transport rollers. It works.

tech51
04-25-2013, 08:44 PM
Also there's a lot of play in the side door at the bottom catch. I've heard that packing out the lower catch to hold the door tighter can help with this jam although I've not tried it myself.

NiklasT
04-26-2013, 01:29 PM
Hi Copy friends
Clean the black rollers maybe work shot time. My machine is new. I tried with 2 different pick up assys. But same result..
The machine run ok now, i hope.. But
I was on a another C284 today. The black rollers were dirty,very strange because it has only copy 8000 copies.
So i cleaned the rollers and put some tape on the under door grip in the machine. To make some extra pressure on the black rollers

I really hope someone find the ultimate solution soon.because we have sold a lot of C284
Have a nice evening/ Niklas T Sweden

Gift
04-29-2013, 02:24 PM
Had this various times at different customers - the black roller are loosing grip quite quickly depending on the paper type. If the machine runs smoothly immediately after cleaning the black roller you'll know what it is. Especially powdered paper you'll often have with company/logo printed stuff tends to make the black roller slippery. You can either advise the customer to use different paper or clean the rollers themself every once in a while.

It's also possible to modify the white pressure rollers of you put a rubber of some leftover parts over in order to get better grip/contact surface between paper and vertical transport rollers - works pretty nice.

Custom Search