PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C452 unable to display scan and fax windows

Custom Search

DadO
01-24-2013, 02:12 PM
When I press "scan" button I can hear biiping sound but "scan" windows do now show. Same goes for "fax" button !

I went to replace yellow toner and was working all fine till the next day. Maybe its not related but i couldn't enter service mode to reset PM counter after i changed toner but after restart all worked fine.

We never upgraded firmware on this machine since if it works, don't change it :rolleyes:. Machine can copy-print but cant scan (i forgot to test fax) since Im not able to enter fax functions or address book(same goes for fax).

Shall i proceed to firmware upgrade or mybe to check something else.

Any contributions from my tech colleges would be great!

THX!

p.s.
Will firmware upgrade on this model erase user address book?

johnnymeg
01-24-2013, 03:42 PM
It is possible that you have a bad HDD or memory.

Albonline
01-24-2013, 04:00 PM
Hdd

TheOwl
01-24-2013, 11:13 PM
Upgrading the firmware won't erase the address book as the address book is held on the HDD.

Firmware on Konica Minoltas is "Upgrade the firmware then see if the fault still exists" unless it is a mechanical issue. Always upgrade the firmware unless advised not to.

Now, time for some explaining... What the bloody hell are you thinking when you reset the service counters on the machine when replacing toner?

wseyller
01-25-2013, 03:28 AM
Now, time for some explaining... What the bloody hell are you thinking when you reset the service counters on the machine when replacing toner?

What I'm wondering is why a tech is called out to replace toner. Only reasonable way I can see is if the operator needs training to replace it themselves.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DadO
01-25-2013, 07:39 AM
"What the bloody hell are you thinking when you reset the service counters on the machine when replacing toner?"

Funny isn't it ? ;) PM(preventive maintenance)counter coz i did a pm service 5 days ago(cleaning only) on that machine and they would call me in next 10 day's asking "whats that blinking light? is it broken?"

"What I'm wondering is why a tech is called out to replace toner"

Thats called When rich company's start to spend less and save money they don't want to keep any reserve, that unfortunately includes copy toner......so i went and replace it since i was nearby.....i fount that stupid but we recommend only, they don't listen :mad:. Hard times bro for everybody.

I will try firmware upgrade and report is there any luck.
THX guys!

DadO
01-28-2013, 01:17 PM
Updating the firmware didnt fix the problem. Later i went to system 2 in service mode and saw HDD tab. In the HDD tab there was option 1Instaled and 2Not instaled. It was set to "2not instaled" ??? wtf....Machine now works after setting to instaled.

Can machine set HDD to not instaled on its own or service guy(or someone else) must do it manual??

Straight question : Was this done on purpose?

TheOwl
01-28-2013, 09:29 PM
Firmware upgrades have been know to disable the HDD from time to time.

kronical
02-13-2013, 11:27 PM
"What the bloody hell are you thinking when you reset the service counters on the machine when replacing toner?"

Funny isn't it ? ;) PM(preventive maintenance)counter coz i did a pm service 5 days ago(cleaning only) on that machine and they would call me in next 10 day's asking "whats that blinking light? is it broken?"

"What I'm wondering is why a tech is called out to replace toner"

Thats called When rich company's start to spend less and save money they don't want to keep any reserve, that unfortunately includes copy toner......so i went and replace it since i was nearby.....i fount that stupid but we recommend only, they don't listen :mad:. Hard times bro for everybody.

I will try firmware upgrade and report is there any luck.
THX guys!

Sorry, but if they can't be bothered to order toner until they are out, tough shit you wait until it gets there.

kronical
02-13-2013, 11:28 PM
Updating the firmware didnt fix the problem. Later i went to system 2 in service mode and saw HDD tab. In the HDD tab there was option 1Instaled and 2Not instaled. It was set to "2not instaled" ??? wtf....Machine now works after setting to instaled.

Can machine set HDD to not instaled on its own or service guy(or someone else) must do it manual??

Straight question : Was this done on purpose?

I have had this happen many times, usually a power spike or drop will cause the power to the hdd to turn off, tripping the "not installed"

DadO
02-18-2013, 10:56 AM
Yes kronical tought shitz :mad: More or less i have to to have "telepacy" for ordering toner.
It wasn't been like this in past 4 years. It all started whit recession. Blame the americans ;):rolleyes: (its always easier to blame someone else :o)

P.s.

Thx evrybody for help!

Custom Search