PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-451 with FS-608

Custom Search

Hansoon
01-24-2013, 05:04 PM
BH-C-451 with FS-608

Customer installed himself a Punch Kit PK-513 in the FS-608. From that moment on the display of the machine shows that "Arrow indicated section is open. Please close" or WTTE in German. See picture. Out of pure desperation the customer took from another machine already the horizontal transport unit for testing with the same result. When opening the horizontal transport unit the display asks for closing that unit so it seems to be recognized by the machine, however the display is not showing that the finisher itself is present though attached, nor showing an arrow. Removal of the punch kit didn't improve the situation.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2605/c451.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/c451.jpg/)

I have no experience at all with this machine and cannot find in the manuals an indication what could be the problem.

Any help or hints please?

Thanks

Hans

907tec
01-24-2013, 06:22 PM
Never seen this happen before. It is strange that the finisher doesn't seem to be recognized in that image. Makes me think that either something isn't plugged in correctly, or possibly that something was plugged in while the machine was already turned on (and has consequently popped an ICP or something else). The only similar listing that I found in the solutions database is the following:

Solution ID TAUS0703575EN* Solution Usage 25

Description

FS-517/FS-519/FS-608, “The part indicated by ? (arrow) is open. Ensure that it is properly closed.” message.

Solution

bizhub C451/C550/C650 with FS-517/FS-608

PROBABLE CAUSES:

1.SW1 settings on the Transfer control board (p/n A07R H090 12) are incorrect.

Please setSW1-1 and SW1-2 from OFF to ON (SW1-1:OFF ? ON; SW1-2OFF ? ON). Please refer to attachments for supporting information.

2.The finisher (FS-517 or FS-608) is not plugged into horizontal transport assembly when horizontal transport assembly is plugged into engine.

Comnnect the FS-517 or FS-608 to the horizontal transport assembly.

bizhub C203/C252/C353/C451 with FS-519

CAUSE: SW2 under the shutter drive assembly of the finisher is in the incorrect position.

SOLUTION: Reposition the SW2(Microswitch, p/n 9331 2200 31) actuator under the tab as illustrated in the attached documention.

There is another mention that a faulty PRCB can cause the main body to not recognize the finisher, too.

Do you have all the relevant documents for this machine? (ICP List, Solutions, etc.). I can email them if you would like.

blackcat4866
01-25-2013, 01:21 AM
I'll have to concur with 907tec. Maybe a connector is plugged into the wrong mate, blowing an ICP? Have you tried removing the punch to see if function returns? It seems to me that there is a System2 > Options simulation to enable the punch option. Still, that shouldn't cause the whole finisher to vanish.

Let us know what you discover. =^..^=

RRodgers
01-25-2013, 03:34 AM
or possibly that something was plugged in while the machine was already turned on (and has consequently popped an ICP or something else)

I'd be willing to bet that is what it is.

Hansoon
01-25-2013, 04:49 AM
Thanks for your input guys.

That's what I was thinking myself from the beginning and the customer confirmed, that though the machine was switched off, he plugged unplugged all the time the connectors on the board with the mains on the machine. :mad:

Do you have all the relevant documents for this machine? (ICP List, Solutions, etc.). I can email them if you would like.

Yes please, I have all the manuals but not ICP list and Solutions. touchpanel[at]rex-technika.com (replace [at] with @ cause of the darn spammers here)

Lot of thanks!

Have you tried removing the punch to see if function returns?

Yeah that's what we did but the fault stays so likely he damaged something. The board for the punch unit can easily been pushed so much down that it touches the bare frame under it. I assume that as long as the mains are on the machine the 5VDC remains life even the machine is switched off.

Hans

Hansoon
01-26-2013, 07:48 AM

Yes please, I have all the manuals but not ICP list and Solutions. touchpanel[at]rex-technika.com (replace [at] with @ cause of the darn spammers here)

Lot of thanks!

*cough*

:)

Hans

Custom Search