PDA

View Full Version : C250 scan to smb

Custom Search

keneisman
01-29-2013, 09:58 PM
I've searched for, found and followed everything I could find on the subject of setting up the C250 to scan to smb. I can't get mine to work. I can successfully scan from other KM copiers to the same share, so I know that's set up right. I've compared the scanning and network settings of this copier with the other copier that works. They look the same. I'm just getting a very vague error message saying that it can't connect to the network. But i can print to it over the network and get into pagescope without a problem. So, I'm thinking it's connected to the network ok. Any suggestions on what I can look for to help me figure this out?

Thanks
Ken

EarthKmTech
01-29-2013, 10:24 PM
I've searched for, found and followed everything I could find on the subject of setting up the C250 to scan to smb. I can't get mine to work. I can successfully scan from other KM copiers to the same share, so I know that's set up right. I've compared the scanning and network settings of this copier with the other copier that works. They look the same. I'm just getting a very vague error message saying that it can't connect to the network. But i can print to it over the network and get into pagescope without a problem. So, I'm thinking it's connected to the network ok. Any suggestions on what I can look for to help me figure this out?

Thanks
Ken

if all the settings are correct, the number 1 problem with smb scanning on the c252/c250 that still catches people out to this day is that the the computer name must be all capitals in the one touch key. (or you can use its IP address, IF the computer has a static IP)

keneisman
01-29-2013, 10:31 PM
Yeah, it's all caps. I also tried it by IP address. It still doesn't work.

Mr Spock
01-30-2013, 12:59 AM
check the ntlm settings are set for v1/v2. I am not sure the c250 can do this but that may be what is needed.
Also what o/s are you scanning to?

keneisman
01-30-2013, 02:07 PM
check the ntlm settings are set for v1/v2. I am not sure the c250 can do this but that may be what is needed.
Also what o/s are you scanning to?

It was originally set to V1/V2. I changed it to just V1 to see if that would fix it. It did not.

I'm scanning to a Linux-based NAS running CIFS for sharing.

I've got a bizhub 501 scanning successfully to the exact same share.

emujo
01-30-2013, 06:10 PM
Subject:
What environments are supported for PC (SMB) scanning?
Description:
Solution:
The following environments are supported/not supported for PC (SMB) scanning:
1. Supported environment:
a. Connection to file sharing server in broadcast domain.
b. SMB (TCP/IP) shared folder of Microsoft® Windows 98/ME/NT4/2K/XP.
c. Samba 2.0 / 3.0 environments (i.e., Linux and Macintosh® OS X)
Note: Version A7 firmware or higher is required and SMB signature is not supported.
2. Non-supported environment:
a. Network beyond router.
b. SMB other than TCP/IP (NetBEUI™/IPX™ are not supported).
c. Direct Hosting SMB (mounted SMB on Microsoft® Windows 2000 or later).
d. User Level sharing of Microsoft® Windows 98.
e. CIFS mounting of non-Windows OS (i.e., CIFS sharing on Novell® Netware®)

We had the same issue with the 282 series...firmware added NTLM V1/V2 support and the digital signature..seems that signature is not available for this series. Emujo

keneisman
02-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Subject:
Description:
Solution:
The following environments are supported/not supported for PC (SMB) scanning:
1. Supported environment:
a. Connection to file sharing server in broadcast domain.
b. SMB (TCP/IP) shared folder of Microsoft® Windows 98/ME/NT4/2K/XP.
c. Samba 2.0 / 3.0 environments (i.e., Linux and Macintosh® OS X)
Note: Version A7 firmware or higher is required and SMB signature is not supported.
2. Non-supported environment:
a. Network beyond router.
b. SMB other than TCP/IP (NetBEUI™/IPX™ are not supported).
c. Direct Hosting SMB (mounted SMB on Microsoft® Windows 2000 or later).
d. User Level sharing of Microsoft® Windows 98.
e. CIFS mounting of non-Windows OS (i.e., CIFS sharing on Novell® Netware®)

We had the same issue with the 282 series...firmware added NTLM V1/V2 support and the digital signature..seems that signature is not available for this series. Emujo

Aah! 2a is the culprit for me. My file share is across a router from the C250! I don't suppose there is a newer version of firmware out? I wouldn't even know how to check the current version or upgrade it, anyway.

Thanks for all your help.

Custom Search