PDA

View Full Version : s300-ip901 wont reinstall sys sw

Custom Search

shannon09
01-22-2008, 11:35 PM
i am trying to reinstall system code on an ip901-s300, the system locks up on the first disk, upon putting a monitor on the fiery, it shows the ghost program runs to about 25% then ask "output A:\ghosterr.txt?" if you say yes it ask you to place a diskette in the drive "yea, a diskette", if no, it says there is an image file problem. we have reburned numerous iso's, redownloaded the iso, tried different iso programs, tried two different 901's all with the same error. has anyone seen this. tech support feels there may be a corrupt file on the ssd, jst curious if anyone has seen this, thanks

random
01-25-2008, 04:22 AM
have you tried a system restore? This should copy a good unpatched version of the system software onto the regular partition.

shannon09
01-25-2008, 02:26 PM
yea, i have, once you try a reinstall though, it cleans all the partitions first then begins the reinstall, but in my case, the reinstall failed, so i dont have the restore partition on the hdd, its completely unallocated, tech support is sending me a verified good copy of reinstall, i hope that works, thanks for the help though, any suggestions are much appreciated, this has become a real nightmare, we have three 901's dead now

random
01-25-2008, 07:16 PM
You should get one going patch it and ghost it. Saves you doing it all over gain for the other two.

shannon09
01-26-2008, 02:17 PM
got the disk from tech support, and they worked flawlessly, i dont get it, i thought maybe it was because i used my ms vista laptop to download the iso, but we tried it on an xp workstation with the same reslts, also tried to burn the iso with: nero, nti, and iso burner, all same results, im convinced the 901 sw on mykm.com is corrupt, they will probably pull it down and replace it soon, if anyone has problems reinstalling a 901, i have a good copy of the disk now, it can be a real hair puller. thank for the advice, im working on the patches today, (thats an all day sucker on a 901) will ghost it as recommemded, and never loose these disk!!!!!

oakblue
11-03-2008, 11:13 PM
I am having the same problem, can I get a copy of the disks from you??

langelot
05-12-2009, 12:33 AM
I'm having a similar issue here found this solution from KM - I'm not sure if this is related to what you were having.

Description

"Invalid license, Shutdown in progress" message after upgrading the IP901 from version 1.1 to 2.0 (System 6).

Solution

CAUSE: The upgrade to version 2.0 requires a dongle to update the BIOS on the controller for use with the new system 6.
SOLUTION: The dongle comes with the upgrade and includes a product upgrade CD for use with the dongle.
WARNING: If the software was downloaded from the Konica Minolta FTP site and was not obtained from an upgrade package, the controller will be
non-functional until the previous release code is reinstalled or an upgrade kit is obtained to enable the software.

I'm installing this IP-901 on a C500 so I believe I really need Version 2.0/2.1 (System 6).

Does anyone have an image file for this or know anything about the "dongle" or what and where to get this infamous upgrade kit?

Thanks

brian155
05-12-2009, 02:25 PM
try switching your firewall and anti-virus off whilst updating.

langelot
02-22-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm still stuck with my controller - frustrated not to be able to use the copier as a printer.

I know Shannon was able to get a disk from tech support - (see below)
"got the disk from tech support, and they worked flawlessly, i dont get it, i thought maybe it was because i used my ms vista laptop to download the iso, but we tried it on an xp workstation with the same reslts, also tried to burn the iso with: nero, nti, and iso burner, all same results, im convinced the 901 sw on mykm.com is corrupt, they will probably pull it down and replace it soon, if anyone has problems reinstalling a 901, i have a good copy of the disk now, it can be a real hair puller. thank for the advice, im working on the patches today, (thats an all day sucker on a 901) will ghost it as recommemded, and never loose these disk!!!!! "

Was this from Konica Minolta tech support or from EFI - my experience with EFI has been pretty horrible. I once had access to their FTP site where they had all their goodies, but have lost the login info. since.

Can any one help me to restore this print controller. I only have access to the ISO files from Konica Minolta and these have not helped.

KenB
02-22-2010, 11:24 PM
The dongle is required when upgrading from version 1.x to 2.x; that's because it was a billable upgrade.

I don't know what would happen if you are trying to reinstall version 2.x, although I really doubt that the dongle would be required for that function.

The good news is that most EFI dongles (and other OEMs) will flash the BIOS on the RIP - once that is done, it never needs to redone. The bad news is that whatever the dongle was for can't be moved to another RIP. (And yes, those types of dongles are single use only.)

Moral of the story: If your RIP had version 1.x on it, you can only install 1.x back on it, unless you have a previously unused 2.x dongle to go with it.

Note: Be prepared for some serious "sticker shock" if you need to purchase the 2.0 upgrade kit.

RRodgers
02-23-2010, 12:31 AM
i am trying to reinstall system code on an ip901-s300, the system locks up on the first disk, upon putting a monitor on the fiery, it shows the ghost program runs to about 25% then ask "output A:\ghosterr.txt?" if you say yes it ask you to place a diskette in the drive "yea, a diskette", if no, it says there is an image file problem. we have reburned numerous iso's, redownloaded the iso, tried different iso programs, tried two different 901's all with the same error. has anyone seen this. tech support feels there may be a corrupt file on the ssd, jst curious if anyone has seen this, thanks

I had the same thing, IT IS A corrupt file on the ssd site. I got them to send me a copy from one of the cd's they had. I can't believe they haven't fixed that YET!!!! That was like almost 3 years ago for me.

Coptech
02-23-2010, 01:32 AM
I had to re-install 1.1 and it was pretty straightfoeward. I downloaded from ssg. Seems like it is actually 2 disks? As far as the patches go, there is a composite patch that covers the important ones that really speeds the process up.

sanimir
12-30-2012, 10:43 AM
I have same problem.
Anyone have ok cd images for download.
s300 ip901 v1.1
My cd iso is not ok.

Sorry for bad gtranslate :)

Custom Search