PDA

View Full Version : Pagescope Licensing questions

Custom Search

mrwho
02-05-2013, 10:40 AM
One small question:

When licensing Pagescope, what happens when the license expires?

a) The software continues to work normally indefinitely, but it keeps you from updating to a more recent version?

b) The software loses functions and you need to buy a new license to keep operating normally?

Also, a new license for a previous licensed Pagescope costs the same or is it cheaper (a.k.a. Upgrade)?

Thanks!

mrwho
02-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Maybe I should elaborate:

We've got a customer running PSES, which has an expired license. The software is failing to update the counter limits on the equipments, and I can't find an immediate reason for that. If a user spends his allowance on one machine, he can happily go to the next one and keep making copies.

All ports are open between the server and the machines, SNMP is at default settings.

Any suggestions?

emujo
02-05-2013, 04:15 PM
The expired license refers to the "Maintenance"..They will not get software updates w/o a current license.This should not affect the use of PSES...Sounds like your account track settings are not quite correct..you may have your group settings incorrect...meaning this user has upper limits to a group of MFPs, but has unlimited to MFP not in his/her group. I'll see if I can be more specific when I have a moment to look at our PSES demo..What version of PSES are we talking about. Emujo

mrwho
02-05-2013, 04:26 PM
The expired license refers to the "Maintenance"..They will not get software updates w/o a current license.This should not affect the use of PSES...Sounds like your account track settings are not quite correct..you may have your group settings incorrect...meaning this user has upper limits to a group of MFPs, but has unlimited to MFP not in his/her group. I'll see if I can be more specific when I have a moment to look at our PSES demo..What version of PSES are we talking about. Emujo

Thank's for helping me out. We're using version 2.0 if I'm not mistaken.

Custom Search