PDA

View Full Version : Di250 - error code C1038 (also image skew)

Custom Search

activesystems
01-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Hi all

My first problem is image skew (not paper or doc feeder) but from image scanner to printer.

i had this promble a few months ago, reseated the memory and connectors on main board and the prints came out fine.

Now I am back onsite after 3 months and the digital info is getting screwed up before it is getting to the printer.

Replaced the memory this time, no good image still skewed.

I have just looked at the data cables comming from the scan board to the main board (below where the copies come out) and I can see where some of the cable have been "trapped" and look like they have deep cuts in them.

After moving this cable from the cable ties, I now have C1038 error code, once I turned the copier back on ??

Do not have my manual with me, dohh, can any one help out !!

I need to clear this error code and if it is related to this code replace the damage cable, if indeed it is damaged.

Hope you can help.

Vince Coombs
Active Systems

rasman67
01-23-2008, 01:20 PM
That is An Engine Connection error. I would Check the wires and the connectins on all the boards.

activesystems
01-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Hi

Yep you were right about the connectors. The main board was not pushed fully down onto the power board underneath, so causing the error code.

The digital image skew is still there but can be made better and worse by moving the blue wires/connectors on the main board, which come from the image scanner.

I will go back and replace the main board and then the wiring loom this this fails.

thanks for your help

Vince Coombs
Active Systems

Custom Search