PDA

View Full Version : c250

Custom Search

rasman67
01-23-2008, 01:09 PM
I have a C250 that powers up, then has the hour glass. Once it tries to change the screen it goes blank. The main power light is on but the data light is blank. I have brought the NVRAM board to the office and tried it on another machine. It looks as if the NVram is my problem. Is their a way to reset the NVRAM or do I need a new board.

shannon09
01-23-2008, 01:30 PM
you have to fill out an nvram replacement form, i believe they call it the "bru". its on mykm.com, btw, it does sound like its bad, ive seen those do that

mitchl
01-23-2008, 08:44 PM
I encountered this problem twice in the last week and recovered both of them without NVRAM replacement. The big difference is whether the NV is corrupt or cooked completely. Both of my machines had ancient firmware versions which immediately got me to upgrade it first and foremost and in both cases got rid of the symptoms you had, needless to say you need to follow the upgrade procedure including doing the version up and re-initializing the fax if applicable. There is also a NVRAM recovery program available that goes in the flash port but I haven't had any success using it so far. Download the NVRAM troubleshooting guide from KM and get the latest revision as there are some new tricks to help diagnose and fix these pain in the butt problems.

higherlevel
03-04-2008, 12:13 AM
I have the same problem with a C250..I accidently pulled the cord out of the wall moving the machine....and now have a hour glass on display for 15 seconds, then goes blank...

I am trying to get a 128 MB Compact Flash, (the CF I have, the machine does not recognize it)..... to try firmware first, if that does not work, then try to flash the NVRAM...

I have written instructions for that...and the NVRAM Download..worth a try...

Email me @ jerrrbear@hotmail.com with KM C250 in subject line and can email you instructions and NVRAM firmware...

laserman06
03-04-2008, 02:03 AM
There is also a NVRAM recovery program available that goes in the flash port but I haven't had any success using it so far. Download the NVRAM troubleshooting guide from KM and get the latest revision as there are some new tricks to help diagnose and fix these pain in the butt problems.

I have been able to use the NVRAM recovery program 2 out of the 3 times that I tried it. It is worth a try to get the customer up and running without going to the hassle of the replacement. I requested the correct NVRAM and they sent me the wrong one. Customer was down for 2 weeks. We gave them a loaner.:(

Install a professional grade surge protector. This whole line of copiers are very fragile to voltage spikes.

nmfaxman
03-04-2008, 04:41 AM
Had this once on a C350. The error came up as a money couterfeiting backup firmware.

We had to bill the customer because one person tried it.
I had to send the board in to be reset.
The serial # of the machine showed where it was sold and where it was sold to.
It was the only way to repair the machine.

Custom Search