PDA

View Full Version : Error Code c 1106

Custom Search

Eugene74
02-06-2013, 06:12 AM
Hi Guys,

I have a problem on a FS 525 on a B601, I'm getting a C1106 (Staple movement Error) randomly. We replaced staple cartridges, staple heads, sensors, movement motor as well as the whole back plate of the staple section. The machine also have a 2 hole punch on. What we have found was if you disable the punch, you never get the C1106 code, which doesn't make sense to me, but maybe I'm missing something, so I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
Eugene

aAandy
02-06-2013, 06:56 AM
Hi Guys,

I have a problem on a FS 525 on a B601, I'm getting a C1106 (Staple movement Error) randomly. We replaced staple cartridges, staple heads, sensors, movement motor as well as the whole back plate of the staple section. The machine also have a 2 hole punch on. What we have found was if you disable the punch, you never get the C1106 code, which doesn't make sense to me, but maybe I'm missing something, so I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
Eugene

do both the stapler and the hole punch run from the same power supply unit? if so i imagine the power supply is not providing enough juice to run them both at the same time - i would suggest you check the power supply unit for bad electrolytic capacitors, the top of the caps may have an outward bulge in them, or you may see some shiny clear fluid like substance around the base - you'll know for sure you have a sick cap when you desolder it, there will be a most unique sickly odour

replace any capacitors which shows such signs

Avskrap
02-06-2013, 08:28 AM
A colleague of mine had this problem a few years back. There's a document (DLBT1001345EN00) with a FW that solved the problem. It also seems the relay board could fail (P/N 15SF-9321E).

JustManuals
02-06-2013, 06:52 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

emujo
02-06-2013, 07:35 PM
[QUOTE

replace any capacitors which shows such signs[/QUOTE]

Replace the capacitors??? We don't replace componant parts anymore...Emujo

Kidaver
02-06-2013, 09:56 PM
I was taught in Biomedical equipment tech school in the Army how to change components for those emergencies in the field...but yeah what emujo said...these days we are board swappers....company makes more money that way...

aAandy
02-07-2013, 02:09 AM
ah well, for me its easier to replace a few caps which cost a few cents and half an hour than it is to wait for a replacement PSU etc

addendum - if you notice any such sick caps, replace the PSU

blazebusiness
02-07-2013, 02:56 AM
I agree with Avskrap's mention of that relay board as a good possibility. Also found the following in a bulliten:

C-1106 code

Solution
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Stapling regulating block is bound up.
Adjust the rear regulating block for the stapling unit or replace the regulating block (p/n 15JK 5217 1).
2. Failed Relay Board.
Replace the Relay Board (p/n 15JK -932 1F for FS-504/FS-524 and p/n 15SF -932 1E for FS-525 ).
3. Finisher serial number was not entered at installation.

Eugene74
03-07-2013, 07:34 PM
I agree with Avskrap's mention of that relay board as a good possibility. Also found the following in a bulliten:

C-1106 code

Solution
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Stapling regulating block is bound up.
Adjust the rear regulating block for the stapling unit or replace the regulating block (p/n 15JK 5217 1).
2. Failed Relay Board.
Replace the Relay Board (p/n 15JK -932 1F for FS-504/FS-524 and p/n 15SF -932 1E for FS-525 ).
3. Finisher serial number was not entered at installation.

Just a bit feedback..... Thank you for all the input. Yes one of the causes were the !@#$!@$ serial number not entered on the machine, and then I saw there are firmware for this fault code as well which go hand in hand with certain jam codes. I upgraded the firmware, entered the serial number and it's been almost a month now, with now problems. Many thanks for all you help. Much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Eugene

Custom Search