PDA

View Full Version : Minolta CF2002 pink band

Custom Search

Darren King
01-23-2008, 01:54 PM
I have a customer who is complaining of a pink band on the bottom of copies and prints on her Minolta CF 2002. From what she tells me it only happens first thing in the morning or when the machine has been sitting idle of a while. She didn't save a sample so I can't be any more descriptive. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Darren

B0265
01-23-2008, 03:20 PM
It's due to poor cleaning of the transfer belt. During image stabilization a band of magenta is applied (rear side if I remember correctly) to the transfer belt, and if the cleaning of the transfer belt isn't working well it will take a while (a few copies) before it's completely cleaned off the belt.

random
01-24-2008, 06:03 AM
The toner hopper seals are worn out. Toner is being sucked in the charge unit soiling the wire, this then cause a no charge situation on the drum and so maximum discharge on that part of the drum. Toner (and developer) will be stuck to this part of the drum and the belt. If you see the 2nd transfer roller it will have the pink (magenta) mark as well. You will also notice that the machine will chew thru image units as it slowly emptys developer onto the belt and eventually the waste bottle.

Custom Search