PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C350 with IC-401 fiery can't print after power-off

Custom Search

aAandy
02-06-2013, 12:05 PM
hello everyone

yesterday i got a c0048 error code due to a damaged fuser fan cable, so i turned the power off at the wall, disconnected the fiery, repaired the cable & refitted the back panels & fiery

now the damn thing wont' print at all (copies fine), i can ping the fiery sometimes, other times it's like it's just not there & no access via browser (no network or machine settings were altered)

did i damage the firey by powering it down? will i need to do a firmware upgrade? how can i test it?

i have a standard controller ethernet card which i can fit - what setting would i need to change for it to work?

i have one helluvan irate customer who is screaming for their printer

pls heeeeeeelp

Avskrap
02-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Reseat the interface card/cable.
Can you print pages from the Fiery (Config, PS Test and so forth)? If so, run the setup and walk through the network setup. If that doesn't work, reload the system on the Fiery (are all the patches applied?).

EDIT: Are you sure you booted the Fiery first, before booting up the machine? Turn everything off, boot up the Fiery, let it sit for 5 minutes, then power on the machine.

aAandy
02-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Reseat the interface card/cable.
Can you print pages from the Fiery (Config, PS Test and so forth)? If so, run the setup and walk through the network setup. If that doesn't work, reload the system on the Fiery (are all the patches applied?).

EDIT: Are you sure you booted the Fiery first, before booting up the machine? Turn everything off, boot up the Fiery, let it sit for 5 minutes, then power on the machine.

actually no, i turned them both on together - will try that when i return & see if i can print anything from the fiery

thanks for the tip

JustManuals
02-06-2013, 06:48 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

EarthKmTech
02-06-2013, 08:37 PM
did you shut the fiery down before turning it off, or did you just pull the power ?

Its hdd may of become corrupted if it was in the middle of doing something with power cut off.

If you need to reload it, you need a computer with a parallel port, a suitable parallel cable from the fiery to the computer and obviously the 2 files to transfer over it (via DOS) And a hell of alot of time.

aAandy
02-07-2013, 01:53 AM
did you shut the fiery down before turning it off, or did you just pull the power ?

Its hdd may of become corrupted if it was in the middle of doing something with power cut off.

If you need to reload it, you need a computer with a parallel port, a suitable parallel cable from the fiery to the computer and obviously the 2 files to transfer over it (via DOS) And a hell of alot of time.

i tried turning both off,, turning on the fiery n waiting 10 mins, then powering up the copier - no change

looks like the fiery is dead,, when i press the UTLITIES button, "controller options" doesn't show up - when i ping it, 1 or 2 out of 4 return, the rest are lost and of course i still can't print to the machine

what type of parallel cable is required (part number?)
and where can i find the required files?
and perhaps a guide to walk me through the process

otherwise, i can buy a new IC-401 controller from the US for $500.00 - or i can buy an entire machine locally, with sorter, for the same money

aAandy
02-07-2013, 02:06 AM
another silly question

if i get my hands on a working HDD from another IC-401 fiery, can i simply ghost it and use that?

if this is possible, what would i need to do to ghost the drive using an XP computer? or would i need to do it on a linux system? also what software would be best for ghosting

please advise

thanks

aAandy
02-07-2013, 06:01 AM

seriously?? this system is so well designed, that a mere power failure can result in HDD failure? in essence i did nothing more than a power faiilure would have done

TheOwl
02-07-2013, 09:53 PM
seriously?? this system is so well designed, that a mere power failure can result in HDD failure? in essence i did nothing more than a power faiilure would have done

Just like your computer is so well designed that it doesn't mind having the power removed from under its feet. You aren't dealing with some dinky print srever, you are dealing with a serious piece of hardware.

Power the device off without shutting it down correctly causes errors on the HDD, just like Windows being forcefully shut down. Especially when you have write caching enabled as the shut down sequence invokes the cache to be written before the power off destroys all that data that hasn't been written.

What you will need to do is to reload the O/S on to the Fiery or clone a working device and restore that image to your broken IC-401, assuming that you haven't killed the HDD.

Custom Search