PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Isw tool c6500

Custom Search

beano
02-07-2013, 02:49 AM
I have isw 3.81 e verison loaded my laptop win 7 64 bit it wont load the usb driver when usboua cable the cable is good anyone else have any ideals I reinstall it 3times

methogod
02-07-2013, 11:10 AM
YOU NEED THE 64BIT DRIVER...

OR USE THE USB STICK TO LOAD - UNLESS YOU PREFER TO LOAD BY USB THUMB DRIVE.

only reason you need isw is if you replaceed a main board...

good luck if you need help msg me i can send it to you or walk you through ti

Mr Spock
02-08-2013, 01:15 AM
Usb thumb drive is easiest (in the manual)

If you need to use the laptop you will need to boot the laptop into the "digital driver signing not required" mode (or some such nonsense) the Usb driver used by the iswtrns program is not signed and supported by Microsoft and Windows 7 under normal mode will not let it run.

methogod
02-08-2013, 02:25 AM
reboot pressing F8, select "run with out driver signage or something like that" connect your USB cable to the C6500/01, and wait till windows finds the USB controller hub, its going to pop up in red saying its not signed do you want to continue... select yes.

you should be good.

just remember ever time you reboot you have to do the F8 selection to connect to the MPF, or it wont allow the unsigned driver to be allowed to start/installed.

I know you would think there should be a easy way to turn it off. but i don't know of any of the top of my head.

kronical
03-21-2013, 11:51 PM
Usb thumb drive is easiest (in the manual)

If you need to use the laptop you will need to boot the laptop into the "digital driver signing not required" mode (or some such nonsense) the Usb driver used by the iswtrns program is not signed and supported by Microsoft and Windows 7 under normal mode will not let it run.

Sorry to say, but this is incorrect. Windows 7 works just fine with even the old ISW tools. The problem here is that the ISW tool does not contain a 64-bit USB driver for the 64-bit OS. You absolutely must have a 32-bit OS to use ISW.

Custom Search