PDA

View Full Version : Direct Connect C450 to PC via Ethernet port

Custom Search

bfrd22
02-08-2013, 01:35 AM
New here, Recently picked up a C450, Been a great machine, Currently set up through our internet router.
PC wireless to router then hard wired Cat5 from router to C450 Ethernet port.
Problem is that it sucks up so much band width on the wireless that large projects take forever, and pretty much kills any one else on the wireless for hours.

Not a shared printer, dedicated to my business.

Trying to direct connect via the PC Ethernet to the C450 Ethernet and get it off the network.

I could really use some help, Windows 7 64bit, I am totally lost.

Thanks Andy

JustManuals
02-08-2013, 03:53 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

bfrd22
02-08-2013, 02:38 PM
I have all the manuals Thanks, nothing in them, all base on web and networks.

If you can prove to me that what I need is in your manual, I'll buy it, if not I'll request a full refund

I need this machine to go standalone.

thanks

Mick01
02-12-2013, 01:02 AM
Hi Andy,
You will need a cross over ethernet cable if connecting directly between your PC and the C450. Your Ethernet port and the Machine network port need to be on the same IP and Subnet range. Once this is done you can chage the IP address (if different) in the prot set up on the printer driver.

Kmdurrin
02-12-2013, 07:53 PM
You can also accomplish this with a small network hub. Just make sure the IP settings match between the computer and the printer.

nmfaxman
02-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Make sure the print driver is set to LPR port and the queue name is PRINT all in caps.
If set to raw, it processes through the memory one page @ a time and can slow down network.
When set to LPR it processes jobs on the copier Hard drive and spools from there.

The instructions are in the operator manual.

EarthKmTech
02-12-2013, 09:59 PM
Just another tidbit of info, and I am assuming the machine does NOT have a fiery.

are you using the PS or the PCL driver ?

depending on the document type being printed the actual data transferred to the machine via the network will explode in size exponentially with the PS driver versus the PCL. If you are using the PS driver, try the PCL driver before anything else.

Unless you are printing hundred page+ complex engineering drawings, i cant see why it would take hours to transfer data to the machine, unless your using the PS driver. (or have a really crap wireless network, its upto 300mbs now with decent hardware which i have at home)

bfrd22
02-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Thanks for all the comments, Yes was using the PS driver now on the PCL did help.

The wireless bogs hard but when you have 8 to 10 devices streaming almost constantly, band width becomes an issue

We are going stay on the network but hardwired my PC to the hub, much better.

Thanks Again to all.

Custom Search