PDA

View Full Version : Error Code CF2002: P-21 and cyan print problem

Custom Search

mrdummy
02-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Hello,

I have just bought CF2002 from previous user.
It has some white lines and so on the prints.

I have first P-21 error when started up in my place.
Cleaned transfer belt, cleaned registration sensors and white mark sensor.
Transfer belt is now clean even after warming up. The collector side is also cleaned a bit.

Now, when i do first testprints, there are indeed lines in the prints.
When i do testprint from my pc, so make sure it's not scanner problem, i see the cyan part has problems. It causes banding bars over whole A4 page. Yellow, Magenta and Black looks fine.

Thus, it's only cyan problem and that might cause also P-21 error. See the scans.
De testpattern print showed clearly cyan heads has some problems.
What is the solution for this problem?

EarthKmTech
02-10-2013, 11:38 AM
cyan LED head has failed. LED print head failure is a common problem on these dinosaurs.

PS, I hope you didnt pay much for the machine, its pretty much obsolete and that print head will be almost a grand if you can even still get them new. Someone may have one in their junk pile somewhere in the world though.

mrdummy
02-10-2013, 03:35 PM
You are sure LED head is damaged?
Printer was 1,5 years in use, so told the previous user me. Until the problems started short time ago.

I have bought 150 Euro for the whole printer with booklet finisher. Actually not bad price, because I want only A3 scanner, but separated A3 scanner is much expensive (for example Epson A3 scanner is already ~300 Euro second hand), that is why i choose the complete copier with scanner. :cool:
The B/W prints have lucky no problems. The A3 scanner itself is also working. :o

I have checked new head, and one shop ask at least $1400 for just one head. What a stupid price.

Seems i'm going ask around for used LED head from broken CF2002 or CF3102 printer. Even printer may have some broken LED heads, i need just one working head.

Which printers should have almost same LED head? I'm trying collect some OEM models.
If you have used LED head which is still working, you may tell me. But i wont pay $1400.

mrdummy
02-10-2013, 09:35 PM
After looking around on the internet, i found out the led head from bizhub C350 is almost identical to CF2002 led head. It uses almost same mounting when i compare both parts.
But is it electronic also identical working? 600 dpi led head?

It uses same image transfer belt, so far i can see. The IU is only a bit different designed, but technically same.
The print resolution is same. Same toner cassettes.

Thus Bizhub C350 is only a bit redesigned in my eyes.

EarthKmTech
02-10-2013, 09:54 PM
they are not the same, although I've never tried it + you run the risk of destroying something else.

C350 uses a charged cleaning brush arrangement as per modern machines to clean the belt, CF2002 uses old fashioned cleaning blade - belts are totally incompatible with each other. Toner bottles may look the same but the toner itself is totally different.

I know of a fully optioned CF2002 with booklet finisher thats been left out in the rain for an entire year and it was working perfectly when it was put out there. They are less than worthless here. Having said that though, a CF2002/3102 with fiery thats properly setup with perfect supplies is a machine with print quality that embarrasses current machines made today. The c350 was a step backwards as far as print quality is concerned as was more an effort on economizing. The c350 also upgraded the paper feed system to the vastly superior system we are familiar with today - the cf2002 paper feed system was horrendous and the LCT was an absolute P.O.S.

I'm quite certain the CF3102 + CF2002 use the same print heads so that might expand your horizons a bit. You should be able to find a machine being scrapped somewhere. Someone may even chime in and offer you one here.

mrdummy
02-10-2013, 11:59 PM
They're indeed same, 3102 and 2002.
The OEM versions are pretty much:
Develop QC2001
Imagistics CM 2020
Konica 8020
Kyocera Mita KM C 2030
Oce CS 170
Olivetti dColor MF20
or 3102 oems:
Develop QC3101
Imagistics CM3120
Konica 8031
Kyocera Mita KM C 3130
Oce CS 220
Royal Copystar KM C 3130
Thus there should elsewere one used and working head to find.

I want only modify led head from C350 to make it usable in CF2002. Led works on drum, not on different type toner. It's lighting part. I have checked parts images and it looks very same.

To make sure led head is indeed broken, i change soon led heads between yellow and cyan. Then i can see if it's indeed broken or it's connection problem, or it's led driver board problem. Will know it soon it's 100% confirmed.

I have asked some companies for broken printer.
Thanks for the warning.
The CF2002 has indeed below a LCT, an 2500 paper tray. You think it's troublesome part.

RRodgers
02-11-2013, 03:39 AM
Before spending the money on a print head I'd take it out and swap it with another color (like yellow or magenta) don't swap it with black, just to be sure it's the print head. (the problem will move to the other color) If it does... you know what to do... if not, look at another IU for cyan.

mrdummy
02-16-2013, 08:18 PM
Just done head swap with yellow part, and test it again.
The yellow part now showed the banding error, like earlier with cyan color.
Which means the head is indeed broken.

I will order the used head to fix the problem.
Funny enough, after head swap there is no color error P-21.

For your proof, here are the pictures and the swap.
It's pretty easy because the LPH is whole slide-out unit in the printer. The swapwork is done in approx half hour.
The assy is locked by lever, press it and it come loose.

Color prints after swap: head is indeed broken. Same banding effect.
Oh, you might see dirty line below yellow print. I hope this dirty line will fade away after some prints. It's at the very edge of the print area.
Two first prints are landscape A4 print, that is why there is no dirty line visible. Only portrait A4 and A3 are visible.

Head swap work.

Because metal lips gets in the way when put assy back, i used easy trick with sticky paper tape, and after putting back, i peel tape off.
Normally there are LPH jigs for this job as support.
Easy job indeed.
To protect another heads, i place the soft cloth over the heads, like in 3rd photo.

EarthKmTech
02-17-2013, 11:55 AM
I knew this would happen before you did the test.

when these machines were still popular this was a pretty common fault and you can tell instantly its the LED print head just by the print samples generated.

Another common failure mode of the print head was when half of the image was reversed and upside down interlaced on the other side of the page. made for some amusing WTF's from customers and newby techs alike.

mrdummy
02-18-2013, 11:31 PM
Reversed image print? That is indeed WTF.

Already found the Konica / Minolta dealer in USA, ordered used and working LPH for just $199. That is better than new LPH in Netherlands, which most shops asked for at least 900 Euro. Very expensive. The highest price is even 1200 Euro / $ 1400. For such prices, you better buy a another working copier...

And ... i cannot find another broken CF2002 or CF3102 copier in Netherlands. It's already hard to find one. There is no other choice, so i will order a LPH assy from USA. Better than nothing.

With this LPH assy, my copier will soon print all colors without problems.

mrdummy
03-21-2013, 11:09 AM
2nd hand CYM print head arrived ~2 week ago from USA seller.
Installed without problems with care.
Printed now perfectly without color problems.

I must say, the print quality is very good.
Still surprised the CF2002 can print great quality.

Also it's good printer for making textile transfers (with special lasertransfers) and i have tested it without problems.

Now i hope i can ask you for the toner refill set. I know there are much different toners.
Which another Konica copiers has same type toner like CF2002? CF2002 is not very well known by some toner refill suppliers in the website.
Because toner cassettes are not chipped and only optically checked, it's very easy task. They have already fill hole above.

Thank you very much.
And i will keep searching for best toner refill supplier.

EarthKmTech
03-21-2013, 11:38 AM
you see that fantastic print quality ?

kiss it good bye the second you switch to aftermarket toner.

mrdummy
03-21-2013, 09:57 PM
I know it, because i have read some negative results with aftermarket toners.

I will make original color prints before i use another toners to confirm the color and quality problems.
If there are no results after comparing results, i switch back to original toner.
B/W prints have less problems, but color prints are more sensitive with aftermarket toners.

There is one seller in England who knowns about many toner differences. I will ask him for first try.
Thanks for the warning.

Custom Search