PDA

View Full Version : Jamming FS-503 Finisher

Custom Search

copycorner
02-10-2013, 01:57 AM
I'm continuing to have intermittent problems with an FS-503 finisher attached to a SD-501 saddle stitcher on a 1050e. After the stapler staples the set it fails to exit the finisher but the copier continues to send copies to the finisher and after the jams are all cleared the finisher doesn't come back on line. The copier displays a "finisher is now operating" message. Also, if you find that the finisher doesn't exit the last stapled set and you stop the copier before all the copies back up and jam the whole thing the finisher continues to just run on. Any suggestions?

methogod
02-10-2013, 10:24 AM
you need to first check your connection cable between the SD and FS, i have a cable come loose on my C6501, it looked ok, but every copy wanted to eject out of the sub tray.

Could be one of the connection wires is the signal wire that tell the FS when the stapled set has ejected.

Then i would look closer at the functions of the FS - cheat the door, and run the FS lift drive...

Good Luck

Mick01
02-10-2013, 10:47 PM
Hi,
It does appear to be a connection issue between the SD and the FS. I have also had a control board in the finisher that was causing a similar issue.
What I suggest is to remove the SD unit off the machine and connect the FS unit directly to the main body (a big job i know but will eliminate connection through the SD unit. Test the print job to see if the issue is resolved. If this does resolve then it is a connection issue. If it doesn't reolve i would replace the FS control board.
Hope this helps

Custom Search