PDA

View Full Version : Display Message

Custom Search

roblesrene
02-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Does anyone know what this message on my display, "Fixing cleaning unit needs to be exchanged/Please call service.", is referring to and how to fix it? I can't print

JR2ALTA
02-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Three possibilities

1) Do a better job searching the forum

2) Buy a manual from JustManuals

3) Call a local tech to fix it

This is not a hobbyist forum. We service for money.

fixthecopier
02-10-2013, 10:05 PM
Three possibilities

1) Do a better job searching the forum

2) Buy a manual from JustManuals

3) Call a local tech to fix it

This is not a hobbyist forum. We service for money.

Bravo, well done sir!

EarthKmTech
02-10-2013, 10:11 PM
How do you fix it?

Follow the onscreen instructions:Please Call Service.

Couldn't really get any simpler than that.

RRodgers
02-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Does anyone know what this message on my display, "Fixing cleaning unit needs to be exchanged/Please call service.", is referring to and how to fix it? I can't print
I'm in Ca I could come out and fix it. Send me a PM and we can work out a price.

krm
02-10-2013, 11:11 PM
Sorry for the tough responses man, but the site is designed for tech-tech support. Contact that tech in CA and let him help you.

roblesrene
02-10-2013, 11:22 PM
Im not going to respond to the stupidity of the knuckle heads who responded thus far. My service guy couldn't fix. Before I find someone else I wanted to get a heads up.

If your not going to be helpful DO NOT REPLY to this posting. I don't need you to respond at all. I don't need to hear what you have to say.

blackcat4866
02-10-2013, 11:36 PM
Im not going to respond to the stupidity of the knuckle heads who responded thus far. My service guy couldn't fix. Before I find someone else I wanted to get a heads up.

If your not going to be helpful DO NOT REPLY to this posting. I don't need you to respond at all. I don't need to hear what you have to say.

That was being nice. I guess I'm a knucklehead too. This is not the place to get free service. You really need a better service man if he cannot figure out how to change a fuser. =^..^=

Mr Spock
02-11-2013, 12:17 AM
Actually your service man needs to visit the site for Manuals4you. Either he did not replace the fuser/cleaning unit or he forgot to make the necessary counter resets to finish the job correctly.

ZOOTECH
02-11-2013, 01:54 AM

FOAD, as mfu would say.

RRodgers
02-11-2013, 03:23 AM
Actually your service man needs to visit the site for Manuals4you. Either he did not replace the fuser/cleaning unit or he forgot to make the necessary counter resets to finish the job correctly.

Please don't "cock block" me when I'm trying to make a buck. :)

JustManuals
02-11-2013, 07:47 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

fixthecopier
02-11-2013, 09:43 AM

That message to a copy tech is about as hard to fix as a "low tire pressure light " on a car is for a mechanic. You need a service guy that actually works on copiers, not just someone who calls himself service guy.

Here is how a copy guy fixes it on any brand machine...
1...if not familiar with brand, get manual
2...Inspect unit
3...Give customer price for new unit installed vs just resetting message.
4...Based on tech knowledge and experience, give opinion as what to do
5...Let paying customer make decision.

Or you could have bought the manual by now and reset the damn message.

mrwho
02-11-2013, 12:47 PM
I actually find it more productive telling end users how to fix it - more often than not they'll break something or make things worse, which means more time spent by the techs (repairing the original problem + repairing the damage done by the customer), which means more pay at the end of the job.

mrwho
02-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Or you could have bought the manual by now and reset the damn message.

Or, as someone said, could've made a better search on the forum, there's surely somewhere the explanation on how to reset the message. Of course, we all know what's going to happen when you reset the message without actually replacing the parts, right?

*sound of gears breaking* "What am I going to do now??!?"

Custom Search