PDA

View Full Version : Mplus Training

Custom Search

1FRY1
02-10-2013, 10:23 PM
Just curious how much of the KM Mplus people have completed , If any...

IE:

Outward
Professional
Expert
Master

Or do you just think it's a waste of time,
I'm going through it at the moment and interested in your thoughts

Mick01
02-10-2013, 10:57 PM
Hi,
I have completed all the Outward training (associate, professional, expert and master)
I believe the material is of benefit (some modules are badly outdated though). It depends on your previous experience. A new starter to KM will find the material of more use than a tech with many years experience.
I have over 28 years with KM and picked up some useful info whilst going through the material.

Mr Spock
02-11-2013, 12:23 AM
If you do not have at least associate level you can not go to training class.
Like previously said If you have been in the business for more than 5 years the lower levels (associate and professional) are fairly easy. Just need to learn what KM calls a part.
The upper level courses are slightly dated in some areas but have some info that you may not know or have heard of before. Also these are geared to a KM machine but most info is correct for other brands. Especially the SMB scanning module.

RRodgers
02-11-2013, 04:21 AM

IE:

Outward
Professional
Expert
Master

I'm pretty close to Master color (like 87% done) just need to sit down and finish. I still have a TON of tests to do though.

wseyller
02-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Have associate and professional. Working on expert. Close to finishing network part of expert.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

juve
02-11-2013, 09:34 PM

IE:

Outward
Professional
Expert
Master

I completed outward.interesting,i've learned new things ,but some are outdated

EarthKmTech
02-11-2013, 09:56 PM
I've completed everything required to be on the highest pay rate possible - that was my only goal.

If it was simply for my own benefit I wouldn't bother as the only information that was mildly interesting was when i first joined the industry many years ago and wanted to know how everything worked. Once youve been doing this crap job for long enough you learn as you go from your own experiences anyway. When new (big decent ones, not little shitboxes) machines come out, instructor lead training is the best thing - sitting in front of a web based training module is as boring as bat shit and your far more likely to absorb more information in a social and enjoyable environment such as instructor lead.

If something interests you and you think it might contain useful information youll need in the field, by all means do it - I've found the vast majority of the training material either irrelevant or obsolete.

1FRY1
02-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Wow some very highly trained people

I've been in the job for 20 odd years and never done the training online

I think for most courses you only need Digital and colour basics so most people I know don't do more than they have to

I've done 11 of the 15 Professional level and will do the expert on colour I think.

There are some very outdated modules, Like printing with windows NT and the Apple Mac module talking about OS9 and the OSX v1

All in all most of it is a little tedious but some of the Professional can be interesting

Thanks for your replies all

Loud Grinding Noise
04-24-2013, 02:10 PM
How many Masters are there? I was told 4 but everywhere i looked including the learning tree showed only 3. Office Solutions, Production Print and Color.

1FRY1
04-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Yep I see Three. I got as far as expert colour, I did want to do master colour but you have to do two expert modules to do a master module and I can't be bothered to do another expert module.

Deadlywonder
04-25-2013, 08:43 PM
It does depend on how much knowledge you have and your strengths and weaknesses. I have found some modules beneficial, and others not so much. But I think even if you know it all it still doesn't hurt to have them completed and under your belt as they are recognised across the industry. And as you completed the easier ones there is sure to be something to be learnt by everyone on the harder ones?

SmellsHot
04-26-2013, 02:01 PM
A former colleague of mine, said that when he was looking elsewhere for employment, they looked at all of his outward certs and were blown away. So it can't hurt if you are looking for a job elsewhere. Theres a good mix of useful info in the course material......Although I can't really remember most of it :)

Custom Search