PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub 500 missing network setting button on admin mode

Custom Search

v4l3n
02-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Hi everyone,
i've just got Bizhub500 with strange setting.
I can access administrator setting, but when i tried to input the IP Adrress (as usual)...i can't find the Network setting button.
and i can't access the Security Setting button too(when i've tried to enable "network Setting")

i've already check the Enhanced Security setting on Service mode...and it's on "OFF" mode
and i'v tried to set the "Administrator Feature Level" to level 2
nothing happen.

someone said to me to format the HDD, but this machine doesn't have it, in "State Confirmation" menu it's only have "Memory Check"
and the HDD is set to "Not installed" also i've check there's no HDD on this machine.

this machine already had the newest version of Firmware(31)
when t tried to input another firmware via iswtrns...it said ..wrong firmware..

what should i do?

mrwho
02-11-2013, 12:44 PM
I believe that machine, just like other KM machines, needs a couple of minutes after being turned on before the network button shows up - if you're trying to access it rigth after powering it up, then wait a little longer.

If not, and with all you've tried to do, I have no more clues - maybe a firmware reflash (make sure you have the right firmware, it seems you don't) or maybe an hardware problem.

JR2ALTA
02-11-2013, 02:40 PM
dreaded nvram failure very possible

Albonline
02-11-2013, 03:32 PM
I believe that machine, just like other KM machines, needs a couple of minutes after being turned on before the network button shows up - if you're trying to access it rigth after powering it up, then wait a little longer.

If not, and with all you've tried to do, I have no more clues - maybe a firmware reflash (make sure you have the right firmware, it seems you don't) or maybe an hardware problem.

I think this model requires an optional ic to print.

mrwho
02-11-2013, 03:34 PM
I think this model requires an optional ic to print.

To print, yes. But he didn't say anything about printing - just network configuration, which is available on the stock machine.

v4l3n
02-12-2013, 01:55 AM

thank u for the reply, this machine already at my customer place, and when i came it's already turned on for 3 hour, still no "network button".
Yes, you're right about the waiting time, i've another BZ500 need a couple of minutes before "network setting" button to show up.

i will try another FW reflash, hope this is work.

dallas
02-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Try to reinitialize the network settings data in Service Mode, System1, Initialization.

Custom Search