PDA

View Full Version : C652 reversal unit

Custom Search

EarthKmTech
02-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Has anyone had issues with the reversal units on these machines?

this is a 1.7 million page example and what appears to be happening is that in duplex mode the duplex gate is too slow to react for any number of reasons on very long runs and paper will crash into it and roll up in the fuser, destroying its sep claws in the process.

Fusing drive, eject drive and exit guide assembly are all new.

I will replace the reversal unit today and see if this fixes the problem - 4 fusing units destroyed so far, so i hope so.

kronical
02-11-2013, 10:22 PM
I have seen similar issues, albeit no fusers destroyed in the process, where pages being reversed crash into pages exiting the fusing unit, that have been due to failing or seized registration.
Just a thought in case the new reversal unit doesn't fix the issue... and keep us posted as to whether or not it does correct the problem :)

EarthKmTech
02-11-2013, 10:28 PM
If this doesnt work I'll just exchange the entire right side door for new. Thanks for the tip.

This is a customer worth keeping happy, its 1 of 3 machines of similar volume and of that 1.7m page count, only 200k is black :cool:

EarthKmTech
02-12-2013, 09:37 AM
I changed the reversal unit first thing this morning, so far I've heard nothing further, I'll be the first person to hear about it.

The reversal unit i threw in the bin had a seized 1 way gear on the exit rollers, seized in that it wasnt able to freewheel in one direction without excessive force applied to it, then it was back to normal. Also it was an old version with a thin coil spring holding down the duplex gate, new style uses a thick torsion spring which is much more robust.

Hope the silence continues tomorrow...

kronical
02-13-2013, 10:50 PM
I changed the reversal unit first thing this morning, so far I've heard nothing further, I'll be the first person to hear about it.

The reversal unit i threw in the bin had a seized 1 way gear on the exit rollers, seized in that it wasnt able to freewheel in one direction without excessive force applied to it, then it was back to normal. Also it was an old version with a thin coil spring holding down the duplex gate, new style uses a thick torsion spring which is much more robust.

Hope the silence continues tomorrow...

Cheers for the update!

EarthKmTech
02-14-2013, 11:43 AM
still haven't heard anything . . .

EarthKmTech
02-15-2013, 11:50 PM
Well, I've still heard F/all!

I'll go pay a visit to the machine next week and check the logs. :cool:

Custom Search