PDA

View Full Version : CQ c220 shady image problem

Custom Search

sanvicente
02-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Hi,

Have a problem with a bizhub c220. Eventually start to have printing issues. Colors get shady, foggy. Done stabilization, and gradiation adjust and the failure persist.

The problem is more evident in thick 3 and 4. Less evident in regular bond, but still see it. appears more in the top of the image and the increase the problem untill the bottom of the page its ok. (tomorrow i go with the client and get some examples)

First i think was fuser problem, but theres no change when i do test changing temp and speed. And then i realice, that the quality of the image get better after gradation and stabilization.

This better image runs good/regular quality for a couple of thousands 12x18 printings, after that, image problema persist.

Then i realice that, if i down 2nd transfer value the image get better. But then, wen client print 2nd side, the quality goes down, even when 2nd side printing are activated and with the same values of 2nd transfer 1st side.

All drum units are at 80% aprox of life, almost new. So I change the transfer roller and transfer belt. Run initialization­/stabilization and set image values as default. Printing and its all right.

BUT!! After 3k the quality image fail again.

Now doesnt know what to do. After searching this particulary problem in the fórum got some ideas, but without certain.

Any sugestions?????

Finally, got 2 issues.

1.- here in mexico this machines are sold most of it for production use. Client are making15k-18k color 12x18 printings per month. Right know the machine has 180,000 prints, and was installed new april 2012. I know this is an office product, but by the costs here this type of machines are for printshops, large design prints, etc..

2.- this machine are working with KATUN toner. I know is not good, but i used in other 10-12 c220-c280 and are working fine, and its the same with c250, c352, c253, c353, c451, c550 models that im working. And no other else have this issue.

mo0651
02-12-2013, 10:07 PM
Are the drums new or rechipped?

EarthKmTech
02-12-2013, 10:10 PM
1) katun colour toner should not be used in any KM, period. In my experience it destroys drums and developing units, and best case scenario colours constantly drift.

2) its an office machine.

3) I feel sorry for you having to work in that environment, I know what its like - I used to work for a dealer that over sold office machines to people knowing full well it was going to be used as a production machine. Sales people don't care as its not their problem once they cash their commission cheque. Good luck, your going to need it.

wseyller
02-15-2013, 02:29 AM
If I remember correctly the image quality is not guaranteed by Konica Minolta when using thick 3 or 4. I think I read that in a service manual for the C284 series. I'm guessing it is the same for the C220

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Custom Search