PDA

View Full Version : Best Driver for Bizhub 350/200

Custom Search

oxxi
02-13-2013, 06:57 PM
I've been having problems from users stating that printing takes a really long time. 30-40 pages take about 15-30 minutes, sometimes even longer. I currently have the Universal Print driver installed as the driver. Would the VXL drivers from Konica be faster?

kronical
02-13-2013, 10:32 PM
I've been having problems from users stating that printing takes a really long time. 30-40 pages take about 15-30 minutes, sometimes even longer. I currently have the Universal Print driver installed as the driver. Would the VXL drivers from Konica be faster?

Very. UPD's suck.
http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/DownloadFile/Download.ashx?fileid=20059&productid=867
I assume network connected, are they printing direct or through a server queue?

emujo
02-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Try sending the same job to an older HP 4/5..if the job processes quickly, then change the driver to the PS (VPS).. You are sending PS files and the PCL driver has a rough time converting them...We had one where the properties tab stated that the file was 24kb..If you watch the job spool in the queue, it would actually be about 5-6 meg as is processed. Emujo

oxxi
02-14-2013, 12:03 AM
Yes. They are printing PDF's directly to the printer's Ip port.

kronical
02-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Yes. They are printing PDF's directly to the printer's Ip port.

PDF's print best using Postscript (VPS) but shouldn't have a problem with VXL(PCL) drivers. However, what kind of content are in these PDF's? What version of Acrobat are they using? I have seen issues with Acrobat X and heavily graphic intensive files taking massive amounts of time to process.

oxxi
02-15-2013, 09:29 PM
PDF's print best using Postscript (VPS) but shouldn't have a problem with VXL(PCL) drivers. However, what kind of content are in these PDF's? What version of Acrobat are they using? I have seen issues with Acrobat X and heavily graphic intensive files taking massive amounts of time to process.

I changed the drivers back to VPS and also, I unchecked collate. The pdf's print much faster from Adobe now.

Custom Search