Custom Search

Shawnv
01-24-2008, 03:21 PM
If you need a XEROX copier,printer,scanner you can reply to this message

Kindest Regards

XEROX Guy :):)

tonyd
01-24-2008, 06:33 PM
what happened to salesmen getting off their arses and going out to sell machines??

Cipher
01-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Industry Secrets!! indeed.

Typical Xerox saleman... full of shite.

Shawnv
01-25-2008, 08:45 AM
I was researching a machine on the internet and i came across this website, so i thought it would be a good idea to try something new.

i still go knocking door to door :cool:

Shawnv
01-25-2008, 08:48 AM
Industry Secrets!! indeed.

Typical Xerox saleman... full of shite.

Why did you join this site? Cause you dont know shite.
so ive got a solution for you:

Hows about you get a spoon and eat my ass!

tonyd
01-25-2008, 10:04 AM
ha ha ha ha ha ha .... I did hear that Xerox Salesman did like to have their arses spooned but always thought it was a rumour. cheers

Shawnv
01-25-2008, 10:08 AM
ha ha ha ha ha ha .... I did hear that Xerox Salesman did like to have their arses spooned but always thought it was a rumour. cheers

Are you bored, go back to school.

tonyd
01-25-2008, 10:14 AM
im not the one with the pathetic insults. you are a scam artist and why you thought posting here would sell machines i dont know!

Shawnv
01-25-2008, 10:39 AM
im not the one with the pathetic insults. you are a scam artist and why you thought posting here would sell machines i dont know!

I just did it to see what would happen, for interest sake.
i didnt expect to get insults, we both are in a similar industry. So why give bad comments?

If it wasnt for us sales people you would be out of a job.

Copier_Guy
01-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Wow, That got real ugly, real quick.

Cipher
01-25-2008, 12:36 PM
If it wasnt for us sales people you would be out of a job.

Oh dear, delousional as well.

LOL :p

01-25-2008, 02:40 PM

Real quick. I loved the "Hows about you get a spoon and eat my ass!" line. I'm gonna use it today.

Shawnv
01-25-2008, 03:22 PM

I didnt start it, whats up?

tonyd
01-25-2008, 03:53 PM
i think its the fact you are posting everywhere in all threads and misleading people into reading your posts. ie Industry Secrets

wagon
01-25-2008, 09:04 PM
I think we should turn off the lights, leave the room and let them at it. There is obviously a bit of unfufilled love.... :D

Copier_Guy
01-25-2008, 10:44 PM
I think we should turn off the lights, leave the room and let them at it. There is obviously a bit of unfufilled love.... :D

Don't forget to give everyone SPOONS at thirty paces.:p

Copier_Guy
01-25-2008, 10:47 PM
i think its the fact you are posting everywhere in all threads and misleading people into reading your posts. ie Industry Secrets

Plus: This is a Tech site.

We don't buy shit!

We take old or semi-new discarded shit, make it work and call it our own, without the spoon.

Tonerbomb
01-26-2008, 12:17 AM
remember the salesman motto: A spoon full of shit makes the deal go down!!!!

why can't they just go sell used cars??

unisys12
01-26-2008, 02:57 AM
I see both sides here, but doesn't someone have a "lock" here somewhere? :confused:

just a tech
01-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Don't forget to give everyone SPOONS at thirty paces.:p

copier guy-- ya killin me with "spoons at 30 paces"..feels good to laugh a lil'.. seriously though guys. we all know that in the real world, salesmen and techs are both needed in this industry..as a tech, most of the time i feel like breaking at least one of our salesman's necks on a daily basis..it can and has been said that "if it wasn't for sales people us service techs would be out of a job"..and to some extent that may be true.. BUT, every time a salesman renews a customer's contract; every time a prospective customer calls you because of an existing customer's recommendation; and every time you have sold a contract to someone because of when they called the company to service their old and worn out piece of shit at some point in time and were pleased with the way the company "conducted business"; ... IT WAS BECAUSE OF A SERVICE TECH.. customer service is what REALLY sells copiers guys.. and salesmen fall shorter in customer service a hell of a lot more than techs.. when a salesman sells a copier, most of the time, they don't see that customer again for a very long while.. techs on the other hand, are the face of the company.. we deal with irate customers, smart ass customers, happy customers, disappointed customers..we get it all..and we deal with it, take their shit, and put forth a "how else can i help you sir/maam" attitude.. why?.. because our job is to repair the customer right along with the machine... now to be completely honest with ya-- i don't care where there hell ya want to sell your stuff.. here, there, everywhere.. don't really matter to me.. ain't any of my business.. i normally keep my mouth shut about a lot of stuff i see on here and some other sites.. but it kinda pisses me off when someone come to a "tech" website that is for techs "by" techs, and tells me and the other techs (with whom i have grown to know, trust, and respect), that our jobs are our's because you give it to us...that's just bullshit !! we all need each other, we all benefit from each other.. so let's just get along for the sake of getting along... take care to all... and yes, i even mean you too, Shawnv.. you take care as well...

wagon
01-26-2008, 09:53 AM
Agreed! Amen, brother!

JustManuals
01-26-2008, 02:54 PM
And I used to be in the shit business too!
I was a Plumber for 27 years.

Paul@justmanuals.com

Elle
01-26-2008, 03:31 PM
OMG!! thats too funny :))

CanonHPTech
01-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Wow... only a matter of time before this happened... I work at a bigger dealership with alot of salesman and alot of techs... both usually stick together in their respective flocks... a love-hate relationship.... salesman usually like the service managers- because they get the job done for them... but techs... well unfortuantely both sides bash each other... I have respect for salesman because trust me... I could be on either side of the spectrum, I just gotta eat and don't like the constant rejection.... I just try to look at it this way... we both have roles:

Salesman: Sells the invisable, promises the impossible and has the option of not picking up the phone or returning calls.
Tech: Sells the temporary peace of mind (between service calls), promises impossible eta's and parts in stock and does not have the option of choosing where he does not want to go or revisit the same customer 5 times in the same month for the same issue.

Salesman have to fight for interviews in front of multiple wrong employees (middle managers) until they earn the right to get in front of the actual decision maker and push boxes they know very little about and compete with dozens of other manufactuers and dealers who are all out selling this magical, unknown, customized 'business solution'. Understanably, this is why they don't always tell the truth and will eat the sales guy in the next cubicle just to close the deal.

Techs have to support and brag to the customer about how good that this bad engineering is in this machine that they do not have a say in and have to re-engineer machines to do things that the salesman promised the customer that it would do. They do not get paid enough for either.

Therefore I believe both jobs are hard in their own respects. Obviously, one would not survive without the other. I worked for small company's without salesman, but had OEM authorizations for service. You got your $50-100 here and there for one-time service, but no reocurring income and none of your customers would buy from you.

Tonerbomb
01-27-2008, 04:31 AM
Nicely put !!! They do take alot af rejection and abuse for awhile, but once the machine is in place for 3 to 5 years it'; on the tech's.

And I'm still not sure they can sell used cars !

Copier_Guy
01-27-2008, 05:55 AM
A lot of good points by Just A Tech and CanonHPTech.

To be serious for a minute, we both, sales and service, respectfully have hard jobs to do in this industry. I actually have a great deal of respect for the Salesman because anyone that owns a business or is responsible for revenue generation knows that Sales Drives The Economy. Engineering is the Foundation.

For every great product out there, it wouldn't be worth a Damn without someone out there that convinces people that they need it.

Most Techs I know are not great sales people, including myself, because we as Techs deal in absolutes. Sales People deal with probables.

Techs deal mainly with Logic when it comes to making a piece of gear work and less with logic when it comes to dealing with people.

Sales People deal with less logical scenarios because they have to deal with Personalities, Bias, Uncertainty, and Fear amongst other things to get to the heart of the Logical and sometimes Illogical decisions needed to complete their mission.

My hat off to both professions. As a small business owner, I do my own sales right now, which is probably why I'm not rich yet, but as things grow, I am definitely going to utilize a good sales person to make the business grow.

ShawnV, you push your product wherever you see fit. I know you already know you won't get the Red Carpet laid out to you everywhere you go, like here, but you should know by now, that's just the nature of the business.

I know I don't have to Spoon Feed that to you.
(Sorry, I couldn't help but throw a Jokee Joke in there somewhere!):D

blackcat4866
01-27-2008, 06:15 PM
I was going to hit may of the same points as Copier Guy.

I did try sales for three months, not copier sales but as a financial planner. I knew the numbers inside & out, but never could quite get a handle on those intangibles, the emotional factors that often (illogically) guide many of our financial decisions.

I'm a logical guy. Illogical things piss me off.

Shawnv
01-28-2008, 09:01 AM
Hi all,

i agree, thanks for your spoonfull of words Copier Guy,
we are all in the same boat here some lets all get along,
the Industry Secret was a stupid way of selling but hey, it made people talk and think differently.

im not good at motivating speaches so lets all grab our spoons, raise them high and say: Ole!!

Chers

Custom Search