PDA

View Full Version : bizhub PRO950, J1701

Custom Search

blackcat4866
02-14-2013, 02:49 AM
... but only when duplexing from tray #3! Trays #1 and #2 duplex fine. Tray #3 does simplex fine. The consequence is paper crammed into the separation, demolishing the bridges now twice. Also C2104 errors, and flipped and ripped corners. By this morning it was jamming every 10 duplex pages.

I've got it working this morning, but I'm having trouble sorting out what was a fix and what was distraction. Opinions, please?

I have done (in this order):

1) replaced tray #3 PF rollers, clutches
2) adjusted machine settings > timing settings > pre-registration timing (various settings ... now back to zero)
3) reformed right door (was forced open too far, hinges bent, frame warped)
4) cleaned all paper dust collectors and rollers
5) cleaned PS44, PS46, PS54 (ADU exit, top vertical path, registration) and ADU rollers
6) added weights to pickup tray #3
7) swapped PS50 and PS51 (tray #3 optical sensors) with PS48 and PS49 (tray #2 optical sensors).

The optical sensors seemed to make the most difference. The funny thing is that the problem didn't move to tray #2. It just vaporized.
Am I just deluding myself until the next recall? =^..^=

habik
02-14-2013, 10:45 AM
... but only when duplexing from tray #3! Trays #1 and #2 duplex fine. Tray #3 does simplex fine. The consequence is paper crammed into the separation, demolishing the bridges now twice. Also C2104 errors, and flipped and ripped corners. By this morning it was jamming every 10 duplex pages.

I've got it working this morning, but I'm having trouble sorting out what was a fix and what was distraction. Opinions, please?

I have done (in this order):

1) replaced tray #3 PF rollers, clutches
2) adjusted machine settings > timing settings > pre-registration timing (various settings ... now back to zero)
3) reformed right door (was forced open too far, hinges bent, frame warped)
4) cleaned all paper dust collectors and rollers
5) cleaned PS44, PS46, PS54 (ADU exit, top vertical path, registration) and ADU rollers
6) added weights to pickup tray #3
7) swapped PS50 and PS51 (tray #3 optical sensors) with PS48 and PS49 (tray #2 optical sensors).

The optical sensors seemed to make the most difference. The funny thing is that the problem didn't move to tray #2. It just vaporized.
Am I just deluding myself until the next recall? =^..^=

Sorry not familiar with this m/c.
If the sensors were making most of the difference, I would focus there. I have not worked on this machine, but logically it sound the sensors are the way to look for. Are they flagged or reflective (emitor/receiver)
If they are reflective I never use other than Cotton swabs or microfibre cloth dampened with ISOalc to clean them after I dusted it off with air.
How about wiring anywhere stretched bent/broken cable?
You mentioned separation..is it driven or hanging on magnetic torque limiter (i'd give the torque limiter closer look or swap it from different tray if possible)

Be the best and good luck.

Habik

methogod
02-14-2013, 11:04 AM
its its only happening on duplex prob fuser curling paper too much. check pressure on fuser, check web, check rollers. etc....

17-01 is your catch all jam in registration jam... your def covered all your basis' but i doubt its anything in the vertical conveyance or tray 3.

We get this all the time from the LCT....

CLEAN YOUR REGISTRATION ROLLER (REMOVE REGISTRATION)

WHAT THE METER?

REMEMBER YOUR CLUTCHES ON REGISTRATION CAN GO BAD TOO (REPLACE IN SETS)

blackcat4866
02-15-2013, 02:31 AM
... If they are reflective I never use other than Cotton swabs or microfibre cloth dampened with ISOalc to clean them after I dusted it off with air.
How about wiring anywhere stretched bent/broken cable?
You mentioned separation..is it driven or hanging on magnetic torque limiter (i'd give the torque limiter closer look or swap it from different tray if possible)

Be the best and good luck.

Habik

Yes reflective. Since the problem did not follow the sensors, perhaps i did shift the wiring just right. And the torque limiter is new,

its its only happening on duplex prob fuser curling paper too much. check pressure on fuser, check web, check rollers. etc....

17-01 is your catch all jam in registration jam... your def covered all your basis' but i doubt its anything in the vertical conveyance or tray 3.

We get this all the time from the LCT....

CLEAN YOUR REGISTRATION ROLLER (REMOVE REGISTRATION)

WHAT THE METER?

REMEMBER YOUR CLUTCHES ON REGISTRATION CAN GO BAD TOO (REPLACE IN SETS)

660K prints. You'd think that registration clutches should affect simplex and duplex equally, but who knows? =^..^=

methogod
02-15-2013, 10:55 AM
pull off the registration clutch (one with the green turn knob -torx#2). then the 4 screws that hold the registration on. Check your roller, make sure roller is clean, use de-ink anyway.

check your sensor wires when re-assembling. You may want to swap the 2 sensors in the registration unit, see if the code moves.

BUT CLEAN FIRST...

660K,

have you replaced

fuser rollers?
aux fuser roller?
fuser bushings or bearings...
check web for function, turn web motor manually make sure web is moving correctly, bad web movement will cause all types of issues...

after that general stuff... then swap parts per solution below...

Subject:
J17-01 (bizhub PRO 920) or J-1701 (bizhub PRO 950). The jam may also occur intermittently when duplexing.
Description:
J-1701 (J17-01). The jam may also occur intermittently when duplexing.
Solution:
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. A failed ADUDB (ADU Drive Board assembly).
Replace the ADUDB (p/n 57GA -907 2E for bizhub PRO 920 or p/n A0Y5 H070 02 for bizhub PRO 950).

2. The manual feed drive gear is slipping on the manual feed drive shaft.
For bizhub PRO 920: Replace the manual feed drive gear (p/n 55VA 7718 1, quantity=2) and the manual feed drive shaft (p/n 55VA 1536 1).
For bizhub PRO 950: Replace the bypass gear (p/n A0Y5 2105 00, quantity=2) and the by-pass drive shaft (p/n 55VA 1536 1D).

3. Possible aged or failing clutches.
Replace CL9 and CL10 (p/n 57GA 8201 0).

blackcat4866
02-16-2013, 02:58 AM
It's been three days without a callback ( ... where's some wood to knock on ... ?).

Fuser looked OK, and copies are very low, but that will be my next investigation. Thanks for sharing! =^..^=

RRodgers
02-16-2013, 07:57 AM
I didn't read were you cleaned the one ways and scuffed the shafts for tray 3. Give that a shot.

blackcat4866
02-24-2013, 05:39 PM
I didn't read were you cleaned the one ways and scuffed the shafts for tray 3. Give that a shot.

Sorry I didn't mention it but, yes, got that. Not a peep from this customer, that must be good news ... =^..^=

blackcat4866
05-06-2013, 02:10 AM
I've got one of those unsatisfying resolutions. I found some strange PQA readings. Let me explain:

Typically two-phase 220vac reads leg to leg 209 to 210. It's something to do with the phase difference. This one reads 248vac. It's within specs in this aspect just barely.

I've recorded sags of 10vac at regular intervals. That too is within specs. Not great, but within specs.

Now the ground to neutral, there I've got something. 2 to 6vac ground to neutral, that's way out of specs.

The customer is moving the machine soon, and therefore does not want to spend to fix power if the machine is going to move. We'll see how it reacts in the new environment. =^..^=

Custom Search