PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C650 display won't come up. HELP!

Custom Search

Keystone2
02-14-2013, 05:05 PM
We shut our C650 off to check the transfer belt & when we powered it back
up, the red & orange lights go on, but the display is dead. Happened 2 months ago,
but came back up. Is there something we can check to make it work?
Thanks for your help.

habik
02-14-2013, 05:09 PM
We shut our C650 off to check the transfer belt & when we powered it back
up, the red & orange lights go on, but the display is dead. Happened 2 months ago,
but came back up. Is there something we can check to make it work?
Thanks for your help.

Usually one of the memory modules is getting knackered. I'd try that first!

Keystone2
02-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Usually one of the memory modules is getting knackered. I'd try that first!
Thanks & how do we check & fix that? We're "do-it-yourselfers" & not techs. Much appreciated.

drimouxlas
02-14-2013, 05:16 PM
you should check the firmware update usb slot maybe if the cover is open the machine is looking for usb memory.....

Keystone2
02-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Is that the large, flash card slot on the right side of the machine?
My partner did remove the fuser & put it back in, just before this happened.
Could that have caused a problem or maybe the sequence he turned the
sub & main power buttons off?

drimouxlas
02-14-2013, 06:26 PM
sorry i just read the c650 ...if you remove the left cover at the back of the machine and then the mfp protective shield which is about 15 screws you get to the mfp board. try removing the memories and put them back in. it's like a simple motherboard. i guess one of the memories is faulty...

Keystone2
02-14-2013, 06:33 PM
sorry i just read the c650 ...if you remove the left cover at the back of the machine and then the mfp protective shield which is about 15 screws you get to the mfp board. try removing the memories and put them back in. it's like a simple motherboard. i guess one of the memories is faulty...
Thanks much! I'll try that & let you know what happens....

drimouxlas
02-14-2013, 06:35 PM
i hope this helps

Keystone2
02-14-2013, 06:58 PM
i hope this helps
Yes it does & thanks again...

JustManuals
02-14-2013, 07:54 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Keystone2
02-14-2013, 08:26 PM
i hope this helps
THANKS! I think it worked. We got the hour glass on the display & looks like its booting up.
I'll know in a few. Wish you were located in Reno as we need a tech to service our machines.
Much appreciated & thanks again. Buzz

Keystone2
02-14-2013, 08:30 PM
We now have the hour glass up on the display, but its taking really long for the machine to boot up.
Is there something else I should do?

EarthKmTech
02-14-2013, 08:35 PM
did you just remove and reseat the memory ?

If bad memory is in bank 0 machine will have a blank black display with an orange start button and both LED's on on the scanner and wont boot any further
If bad memory is in bank 1 machine will start to boot but will lock up once it attempts to utilise the ram in bank 1 (short time after startup)

If you have swapped the ram around, you have just confirmed that the ram is indeed stuffed.

Keystone2
02-14-2013, 08:45 PM

If bad memory is in bank 0 machine will have a blank black display with an orange start button and both LED's on on the scanner and wont boot any further
If bad memory is in bank 1 machine will start to boot but will lock up once it attempts to utilise the ram in bank 1 (short time after startup)

If you have swapped the ram around, you have just confirmed that the ram is indeed stuffed.
Yes we did swap the ram. Does that mean we have to buy new ram & if so, where do we get it & is it
just the ram 1 or ram 0? (left or right stick as we're looking at it?)

Keystone2
02-14-2013, 08:48 PM

Should clarify that the top ram slot is blank, with no ram & it was the bottom two sticks that we swapped
with eachother. Can we buy ram at Best Buy or is it a Konica Specific part?

EarthKmTech
02-14-2013, 08:57 PM
OK, sounds like the bad ram has shifted to bank 1 now.

bank 1 will be the middle slot, though it should be printed on the board.

The ram is nothing special, just make sure you get an exact match, if 1 has died the other is sure to follow soon so i would replace both anyway.

Never touch a KM intimately without wearing a ground strap. Ram is no exception and is extremely ESD sensitive.

Keystone2
02-14-2013, 09:18 PM
OK, sounds like the bad ram has shifted to bank 1 now.

bank 1 will be the middle slot, though it should be printed on the board.

The ram is nothing special, just make sure you get an exact match, if 1 has died the other is sure to follow soon so i would replace both anyway.

Never touch a KM intimately without wearing a ground strap. Ram is no exception and is extremely ESD sensitive.
Thanks & we have a rubber mat to we can stand on as well. Do we put a ground wire from us to the machine?

EarthKmTech
02-14-2013, 09:24 PM
if the machine is grounded, then yes, wear the anti static ground strap connected to the machine - thats what i do.

Keystone2
02-14-2013, 10:08 PM
if the machine is grounded, then yes, wear the anti static ground strap connected to the machine - thats what i do.
Thanks & we did that.

Keystone2
02-14-2013, 11:39 PM
We could only find a one gig stick of ram & installed it into the middle slot. The 650 only allows for
1 gig total ram & it had two sticks of 512. It won't come up with the one gig stick in the middle slot, so
do we have to find two 512 sticks? No one seems to carry them.
Thanks again. We have a C500, so would it have the old style ram we could take out of it & put in the 650?

EarthKmTech
02-15-2013, 08:34 AM
you MUST use 2x 512mb sticks.

If you cant find them, you will have to get them from KM. (prepare to be shocked at the cost)

habik
02-15-2013, 08:41 AM

If you cant find them, you will have to get them from KM. (prepare to be shocked at the cost)

I use these guys and never had any issues!!!

http://www.memoryexpertsinc.com/en/index.html

Keystone2
02-15-2013, 04:04 PM

We have a C500 that's unplugged. Does it have the same ram as the C650? We're also calling Tiger Direct to see if
their reg DDR ram matches our KM stick. Sure wish you lived closer to Reno! We need a local tech to service our
machines. Thanks again for helping us newbies.

Keystone2
02-18-2013, 05:53 PM
We got new ram that's supposed to be a correct match & put the 2 sticks of 512 in, but no display. The fan & green light
are on & the red light in the back blinks, but no boot up. We left the sub power switch on & only turned off the main
power when installing the ram. Is there a turn on sequence with the power switches we should've done?
Thanks.

habik
02-18-2013, 07:03 PM
We got new ram that's supposed to be a correct match & put the 2 sticks of 512 in, but no display. The fan & green light
are on & the red light in the back blinks, but no boot up. We left the sub power switch on & only turned off the main
power when installing the ram. Is there a turn on sequence with the power switches we should've done?
Thanks.

Doubt very much there is a switch on/off sequence..

Are you 100% the RAMs are the same!!! I used once a set from crucial and it did not work for me, then tried the ones from memory experts and actually talking to the guy he actually assured me of what I need and when arrived it was working without any problems!

Do you have another machine you can take good RAM's from? That is the fastest way to find out!

Wonder if your NV RAM gave up..maybe NV RAM recovery may help. but I would defo try another RAM's first!

We had locked NV RAM on c220 and it was nightmare to figure out ..had similar symptoms !! Had to sent later the c220 NV RAM back to manufacturer!

Good Luck!!

Keystone2
02-18-2013, 07:37 PM
Doubt very much there is a switch on/off sequence..

Are you 100% the RAMs are the same!!! I used once a set from crucial and it did not work for me, then tried the ones from memory experts and actually talking to the guy he actually assured me of what I need and when arrived it was working without any problems!

Do you have another machine you can take good RAM's from? That is the fastest way to find out!

Wonder if your NV RAM gave up..maybe NV RAM recovery may help. but I would defo try another RAM's first! We do have a C500 that's not in use. Can we interchange ram from it to the 650?

We had locked NV RAM on c220 and it was nightmare to figure out ..had similar symptoms !! Had to sent later the c220 NV RAM back to manufacturer!

Good Luck!!
Thanks again & being novices, we didn't know you're supposed to unplug them machine before installing the ram? The 650 power was off, so could that have damaged the new ram? Will the ram from our c500 interchange with the 650?

EarthKmTech
02-18-2013, 07:50 PM
sounds like the machine doesn't like the ram youve aquired.

I've only ever used the stuff KM provides and it works first time every time.

Keystone2
02-18-2013, 07:56 PM
sounds like the machine doesn't like the ram youve aquired.

I've only ever used the stuff KM provides and it works first time every time.
Do you think the C500 ram will interchange? I could try that. We bought a 1 gig stick of new ram (not KM brand)
& the hour glass came up, but the machine didn't boot.

EarthKmTech
02-19-2013, 12:01 AM
I've never worked on a C500 so i know nothing about them, sorry.

surely someone on here can sell you some correct memory ?

habik
02-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Give them a ring and tell them you need 512 MB x2 memory for BH C650..they will be more than happy to help you and are cheaper than you think!

Memory Experts International - Manufacturer of copier memory, printer memory, fax memory, pc memory and copier cabinets (http://www.memoryexpertsinc.com/en/wheretobuy.php)

Keystone2
02-19-2013, 06:39 PM
Give them a ring and tell them you need 512 MB x2 memory for BH C650..they will be more than happy to help you and are cheaper than you think!

Memory Experts International - Manufacturer of copier memory, printer memory, fax memory, pc memory and copier cabinets (http://www.memoryexpertsinc.com/en/wheretobuy.php)
THANK YOU for taking the time to help us out! We're calling them right now.
Wish you lived in Reno.

Synaux
10-21-2023, 03:11 AM
THANK YOU for taking the time to help us out! We're calling them right now.
Wish you lived in Reno.
Did you ever resolve this?

Just kidding!!

I actually just had this issue but I was confident it was PSU related. After a quick visual inspection, I thought to myself "I remember reading about this on copytechnet." To my great surprise, I found this thread right off and knew this was my issue immediately. It took me a while to figure out where I stashed the old spare sticks of RAM, but the cow is up and running. (There are two relevant bulletins; however, even looking at them now, the way they are worded and in my stubbornness, there is a good chance I would have ignored them until I had swapped all sorts of used parts etc.)

Anyways, that was a long way about noting that this community saved yet another machine and what is left of the few braincells I still have rattling around up there.

Cheers!!

Custom Search