PDA

View Full Version : Jamming FS-608 jamming in folder 72-26, 72-28, and 72-18

Custom Search

twanson johnson
02-14-2013, 09:03 PM
I have a FS-608 that is jamming while tri-folding. The jam codes displayed are 72-26, 72-28, and 72-18. I have replaced the rollers in pressure rollers in the folding unit and it worked fine for a day. I have adjusted the plate to let the machine know that letter paper is being used. The skew has been corrected . Any suggestions would be great

MAD0RAM
02-15-2013, 10:54 AM
I am also having this problem.

I found this on solutions but have not received parts yet.

Solution ID TAUS1100123EN*Solution
SD-508 tri-fold failure may occur on a newly installed unit andinclude the following symptoms:
Jamming in folding rollers
Fold inaccuracy
Bent/creased paper (see below)
Installation ofmodified tri-foldparts will help to prevent the failures.
A11R913212 Spring/1
A11RR73400 Conveyance Guide/2 Assy
A11RR73500 Conveyance Guide/6 Assy
A11RR73611 Conveyance Guide/5 Assy
IMPORTANT : Use of this modification kit does not change the specification of the SD-508. This kit improves reliability on multi-sheet Tri-Foldswith the
SD-508 toa similar level of the FS-608. This also has the following limitations.
Print isin monochrome (black) only.
Up to 10% coverage.
Notes :
1. Serial number cut-in: Units after S/N A11RWY1008173 have been modified in production.
2.Please refer to the attached documentation for more detail. To view a PDF, you may need to download a free copy of Adobe Reader®.
SPECIAL NOTE : Solution contribution by KM Australia (BAU)

Note my finisher is prior to the Cut-In
We will be trying the kit before the next solution.

Solution ID TAUS1001427EN* Solution Usage 3
Description
FS-526/SD-508, intermittent tri-fold problem.Jam code 72-26 is indicated, and the second fold isnot completed. An abnormal noise may also be heard
(chattering sound).
Solution
CAUSE: Failure of the finisher control board.
Note : Several tri-folds can be completed if the gate is put in the correct position by hand. When the machine jams, the solenoid can be heard chattering.
PS27 (fold detection sensor) may not change state.
SOLUTION: Reflash the machine and replace the FNSCB (p/n A11P H010 02) if necessary.
SPECIAL NOTE : Solution contribution by Bill Hall and Jim Behrends, Workgroup/SSD

tech51
02-15-2013, 09:18 PM
I am also having this problem.

I found this on solutions but have not received parts yet.

Solution ID TAUS1100123EN*Solution
SD-508 tri-fold failure may occur on a newly installed unit andinclude the following symptoms:
Jamming in folding rollers
Fold inaccuracy
Bent/creased paper (see below)
Installation ofmodified tri-foldparts will help to prevent the failures.
A11R913212 Spring/1
A11RR73400 Conveyance Guide/2 Assy
A11RR73500 Conveyance Guide/6 Assy
A11RR73611 Conveyance Guide/5 Assy
IMPORTANT : Use of this modification kit does not change the specification of the SD-508. This kit improves reliability on multi-sheet Tri-Foldswith the
SD-508 toa similar level of the FS-608. This also has the following limitations.
Print isin monochrome (black) only.
Up to 10% coverage.
Notes :
1. Serial number cut-in: Units after S/N A11RWY1008173 have been modified in production.
2.Please refer to the attached documentation for more detail. To view a PDF, you may need to download a free copy of Adobe Reader®.
SPECIAL NOTE : Solution contribution by KM Australia (BAU)

Note my finisher is prior to the Cut-In
We will be trying the kit before the next solution.

Solution ID TAUS1001427EN* Solution Usage 3
Description
FS-526/SD-508, intermittent tri-fold problem.Jam code 72-26 is indicated, and the second fold isnot completed. An abnormal noise may also be heard
(chattering sound).
Solution
CAUSE: Failure of the finisher control board.
Note : Several tri-folds can be completed if the gate is put in the correct position by hand. When the machine jams, the solenoid can be heard chattering.
PS27 (fold detection sensor) may not change state.
SOLUTION: Reflash the machine and replace the FNSCB (p/n A11P H010 02) if necessary.
SPECIAL NOTE : Solution contribution by Bill Hall and Jim Behrends, Workgroup/SSD

Believe me, fitting the mod parts as above will kill this fault completely. Have only had to do two on my area but both of them were causing all sorts of problems before and none after. My advice would be to take your time when fitting them, follow the fitting guide to the letter and all will be well...

MAD0RAM
02-15-2013, 10:19 PM
Good to hear is the modification as difficult as I think it will be?

tech51
02-15-2013, 10:32 PM
Good to hear is the modification as difficult as I think it will be?
Sort of depends on your general level of experience. If you're reasonably handy with a screwdriver it's not too bad. It's a bit of a long job but I treated it like making flat pack furniture! Get the stacker out of the finisher and lay out and identify the mod parts and where they go. Then get busy with the screwdrivers!
On the first one i did I took pictures as I dismantled the unit. Since the mod is mostly replacement guides a few pictures helps with the re assembly process.
Best of luck with it, take it steady, take your time and it will be ok.

EarthKmTech
02-15-2013, 11:41 PM
Ummmmm

That mod kit is for the SD-508 optional saddle stitch unit which fits the FS-526 finisher. Which i have fitted more than my fair share of.

It bears no resemblance what so ever to the saddle stitch unit installed in the FS-608, which is fitted to a machine a generation earlier. I've no idea why you are ordering those parts for a FS-608 as you wont be able to do much with them.

Do you have a FS-526 + SD-508 OR do you have an FS-608?

FS-608 goes on C650 series, FS-526 goes on C652 series.

If you do have an FS-526 and have just hijacked the poor guys thread, then shame on you. PS, the mod kit works wonders.

MAD0RAM
02-16-2013, 11:34 AM
Ummmmm

That mod kit is for the SD-508 optional saddle stitch unit which fits the FS-526 finisher. Which i have fitted more than my fair share of.

It bears no resemblance what so ever to the saddle stitch unit installed in the FS-608, which is fitted to a machine a generation earlier. I've no idea why you are ordering those parts for a FS-608 as you wont be able to do much with them.

Do you have a FS-526 + SD-508 OR do you have an FS-608?

FS-608 goes on C650 series, FS-526 goes on C652 series.

If you do have an FS-526 and have just hijacked the poor guys thread, then shame on you. PS, the mod kit works wonders.

Oops you are totally correct.

Must have gotten a little excited when I saw the exact same problem with the exact same jam codes for two different accessories.

Sorry for the bad info will have to be more diligent in the future.

MAD0RAM
03-10-2013, 12:02 PM
By the way the kit worked wonders for my issue!!

Sorry about the Hi-Jack.

Custom Search