PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Brother HL-2460 repace toner message

Custom Search

brad@gvis.com
02-15-2013, 02:49 AM
I have a customer who's printer is displaying the message to replace the toner. But the toner cartridge is full. Is there away to clear the message?

JustManuals
02-15-2013, 06:43 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

copyguy123
03-14-2013, 05:27 AM
You can press "Go" and "+" at the same time to get to parts life reset and try resetting the drum count.

Is it a new toner cartridge. On some Brother's there is a lever that trips a sensor when a new toner is installed. If something goes wrong when you install it will nor trip but you may be able to put the lever back

sandmanmac
03-14-2013, 03:56 PM
I'm betting it's a compatible / Remanufactured cartridge (same as HP4000). It has a 'sensor bar' inside that often gets bent during the process, so the toner level is not "read" properly, but If the printer is like the HP4000 (I've not seen the brother version), it's simply a message that flashes on the display as "low toner" and it doesn't affect the printer at all, just use it until the copies go light -or return it to the supplier for a replacement

Custom Search