PDA

View Full Version : KONICA MINOLTA C350 printing problem with jpg

Custom Search

nicurazvan
02-15-2013, 07:13 PM
hello. I have a problem with printing jpg files. I attached a fiery working very well. When printing from Corel Draw files, text comes out perfect. When printing text such as a flyer from jpeg, it becomes a problem because the text just goes blurry. What is the cause? I do not understand. Watch other friends like me dealing with copy shop and have this problem. Is it because I use a Konica Minolta? sure there are no other settings that I need to do, I was not trained? Please help me, because sometimes I'm ashamed of some clients that come with a quality file type and want a print flyers as well.
Thank you.

EarthKmTech
02-15-2013, 08:56 PM
You do relise this is a very old machine and in no way represents current Konica Minolta printing quality ?

I'd be rightly embarrassed too if I was using a C350 for chargeable printing work.

TheOwl
02-17-2013, 11:21 PM
This machine is no longer supported by Konica Minolta as far as software / firmware is concered, so that should tell you something. Next is a list of questions you need to ask:

1. Is the Fiery up to date with the latest patches?
2. Is the copier at the latest firmware version?
3. Are the print drivers the latest version?
4. Does Corel use any Pre-Flighting similar to Adobe products?
5. Does the Fiery utilise Auto-Trapping

If at any stage you look at those questions and say "How do I find that out?", then you need to get someone who is suitably trained to get everything done, but even then, there might not be any hope as your version of Corel may far exceed the support given in the drivers.

RRodgers
02-18-2013, 04:41 AM
Have you calibrated the Fiery? How do copies off the glass look?

darry1322
02-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Just a thought....text on a Corel Draw file can possibly be resized and redrawn with a larger font when enlarged to print on various paper sizes ( not familiar with Corel products so this is a guess) where text on a jpg is part of the image so when the image is resized to fit on a page the text has to be stretched which degrades the quality.

nicurazvan
02-27-2013, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the advice. I think to move forward and try to buy a new printer model.

Custom Search