PDA

View Full Version : "add toner" on FS-3820N

Custom Search

Fer
02-15-2013, 07:21 PM
So after poweron, engine keeps running and with the toner and cover removed, i can see the toner-feed-gear spinning, every few seconds. But the display say;s "add toner". The developer tried in another 3820, was printing fine, spotless. Also swapped the drum and high voltage pcb, from the working machine, checked the cables, still the same error.

Whats wrong here? Engine controller?

HenryT2
02-15-2013, 09:46 PM
Whats wrong here? Engine controller?

Possibly ...
Are you using OEM toner ? ( It really does make a difference in operation )
While it is cycling, can you get into the menu and check the developer mode in Service Settings ?
Did you let it do the 10 minute recharge cycle to see if it would come to ' READY ' ?
Have you tried a FRIMWAR up-date ?

Fer
02-16-2013, 12:53 AM
I swapped the complete controller base, now it works fine.

I got a 1920 with toner missing, what parts are swappable, i know the MK parts are identical.

JustManuals
02-16-2013, 02:46 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Fer
02-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Swapping around the pcb's in the bottom i must conclude the problem is engine board. No trying to revive the FS-1920. The image is to far to the right, tried the fs-3820 main board. Image is good, but inversed ;) Any ideas to get the alignment right?

Custom Search