PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub Pro C6500 Error Code 2452

Custom Search

Doug James
02-16-2013, 01:11 AM
Error code (2542) says that the TCR detect values are off on magenta. I think the customer just ran out of toner. What is the code to reset the mixture and values (Initialize Developer) in this machine if you guys think this may be the problem. Thanks for your help !

JustManuals
02-16-2013, 02:43 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

RRodgers
02-16-2013, 07:58 AM
Be sure the Dev unit isn't leaking and just pour in some toner (by hand) or you can use the "47" modes... (ie tech mode these days) and add some yourself.

mrwho
02-16-2013, 10:52 AM
Do not initialize the developer without putting in new developer!

Try to do as RRodgers suggested and add some toner manually (not too much, maybe a tablespoon at a time) until the error goes away - then, hopefully, the machine will add the necessary remaining toner to the standard value.

Doug James
02-16-2013, 03:16 PM
Do not initialize the developer without putting in new developer!

Try to do as RRodgers suggested and add some toner manually (not too much, maybe a tablespoon at a time) until the error goes away - then, hopefully, the machine will add the necessary remaining toner to the standard value.

Whew !! You probably saved my ass. Thanks

mrwho
02-16-2013, 09:06 PM
To add toner manually, I'd suggest getting into Service Mode -> Process Adjustment -> Drum Peculiarity -> Developer Charge -> Select M and Start (this is from memory, double-check on the Service Manual).

That will start the Magenta developing unit motor, allowing you to add toner while it mixes with the developer. Add a tablespoon, let it mix for some seconds and then cycle the machine's power to see if the error has gone away. Repeat until successful.

With luck, you'll recover the machine without any further intervention. In the worst case scenario, you'll need a new Magenta developer.

Smack the customer's head and tell him not to do that again. You can quote me on that!

Mick01
02-17-2013, 10:44 PM
I would do the following.
Firstly check that the actuator for the toner supply door is not bent. There are two actuators on the door, one for a photosensor to indicate the door open, the other acuates a microswitch which isolates power to the toner supply unit.
Secondly I would enter Service Mode- 05 State Confirmation- I/O Check Mode- Enter code 54 multi code 0forY, 3forM, 6for C, 9forK. Hit start and run for about 30seconds. There will be a indication of TCR level on the display that should increase, once that indicates over 90 then the machine should be out of fault.
Thirdly i would do the following, Service Mode-02 Process Adjustment-03 Sensor Output check-07 Toner Density Return Mode. Highlight the colour and press start, the machine will return the density back to it's value that was set up when the new dev was initialised.
As stated DO NOT intiialise an old developer.
Supplying Toner manually rather than I\O mode will work also but is a bit messy.
Good Luck

Doug James
02-17-2013, 11:04 PM
I would do the following.
Firstly check that the actuator for the toner supply door is not bent. There are two actuators on the door, one for a photosensor to indicate the door open, the other acuates a microswitch which isolates power to the toner supply unit.
Secondly I would enter Service Mode- 05 State Confirmation- I/O Check Mode- Enter code 54 multi code 0forY, 3forM, 6for C, 9forK. Hit start and run for about 30seconds. There will be a indication of TCR level on the display that should increase, once that indicates over 90 then the machine should be out of fault.
Thirdly i would do the following, Service Mode-02 Process Adjustment-03 Sensor Output check-07 Toner Density Return Mode. Highlight the colour and press start, the machine will return the density back to it's value that was set up when the new dev was initialised.
As stated DO NOT intiialise an old developer.
Supplying Toner manually rather than I\O mode will work also but is a bit messy.
Good Luck

Thank you so much. This is extremely helpful. Thanks again for taking the time u did. These boxes are
very cool to work on but alot of learning to do...

RRodgers
02-18-2013, 05:08 AM
And just to add something..... clean the corona's AND the filter on the right rear of the machine. If that filter get's dirty then the toner usually makes it way to the corona's and get them a little dirty as well.
Good luck.

mmcguigan
01-15-2015, 05:56 PM
Error code C2451,2452,2453,2454. C6000, C7000, 70HC. Do your self a favor. Before you do anything, look in the sub hopper. Is it empty? If yes and the toner bottle is not turning, good chance the toner level detect sensor in the sub hopper # 40AA88031 is blown. You can verify its state in test mode. The machine thinks it has toner in the hopper and therefore never adds any from the toner cartridge.

dljorg
01-28-2015, 04:05 PM
Agree about the sub hopper sensor but replacing it is tough. Most of the time (in my experience) the thing is just caked with toner.

Suggest you cut the plastic top off the sub hopper and use a Qtip or finger to brush off the sensor. Duct tape on the top will seal the sub hopper just fine.

Also have experienced multiple times where the toner door switch (little mechanical job at the bottom) does not close and the system will not spin the toner bottles. Symptom there is a full bottle but empty sub hopper. Frequently the toner door not closing right will do this.

Custom Search