PDA

View Full Version : Minolta EP 2050

Custom Search

yumacopiers
01-24-2008, 10:44 PM
After I cleaned the machine it prints black copies but the image is there
Where to look for a problem? main charge unit?

imaginGuru
01-24-2008, 10:48 PM
You can check if drum is properly grounded. (with a multimeter), test the aluminium body part of the drum vs. metal frame of the drum-carriage/machine-frame and it must give continuity. Other place to look for is an arced corona, charge corona grill misplaced, recheck optics, etc.

imaginGuru

yumacopiers
01-24-2008, 10:53 PM
You can check if drum is properly grounded. (with a multimeter), test the aluminium body part of the drum vs. metal frame of the drum-carriage/machine-frame and it must give continuity. Other place to look for is an arced corona, charge corona grill misplaced, recheck optics, etc.

imaginGuru

I will check the drum grounding....but what should I look for in the optics?
Copy lamp comes on...mirrors look good.....

imaginGuru
01-24-2008, 11:52 PM
you can take a look at the lamp and judge if its bright enough (normal) or looks kind of dim (brownish illumination), if its delivering too low output the result will be black copies with image. (too much background).Solution (if this is the cause) replace w/new lamp.

Question: Besides cleaning, did you move any adjustment, ran an auto calibration, etc? (something that may have been done incorrectly?).

imaginGuru

leo34staffs
01-25-2008, 12:22 AM
I have had this problem before, what it was, when the optics are cleaned, the first mirror is moved slightly and the light from the lamp does not reach the drum correctly.

If you look straight down on the platen glass from above, with the optics pulled away from there home position you should be able to see the lens clearly (via the first mirror, the optical path), if you cant, check the first mirror and click it back into place.

Hope this helps

yumacopiers
01-25-2008, 04:06 AM
Sounds like you may have the answer to may problem....I will try it in the morning. Thank You:)

Custom Search