PDA

View Full Version : KonicaMinolata C552

Custom Search

Flash
02-18-2013, 10:27 PM
I am getting white specks only on black. I replaced the drum and developer unit 60K copies ago for the same problem. Any ideas?19545 See the attachment for a sample of the problem.

mo0651
02-18-2013, 10:35 PM
Lots of ideas....Help us narrow it down. Where is the copier in its PM cycle? New units? As for total copies. Fuser? transfer roller? Belt? Does it do the same in color?

Flash
02-18-2013, 10:59 PM
Black drum and developer were replaced last service call for the same problem. 60,000 copies have been run since then mostly black. C,M, and Y internal prints are normal, Defect only shows up on black copies and prints. Fuser and transfer belt are about at half life. The machine has 1.6M copies on it.

EarthKmTech
02-18-2013, 11:50 PM
are you using genuine toner ?

JustManuals
02-18-2013, 11:59 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Flash
02-19-2013, 12:30 AM
All parts and supplies are OEM.

EarthKmTech
02-19-2013, 01:36 AM
well thats a good starting point.

what condition are the transfer belt and roller in ?

I cant look at your scanned image at the moment due to network limitations, but i wouild be doing a stop page test to see if its development, first or second transfer causing it.

I also know poor quality paper can cause holes in solid colours on KM machines, so try different paper too. When it turns out to be paper i bill for my time wasted. quickly makes the "savings" using crap paper seem negligible in their eyes.

blackcat4866
02-19-2013, 01:53 AM
So you've got some nice clear repeating patterns, ~52mm intervals by my estimation. What roller is 16.55mm diameter? Probably a charge roller. black primary? black primary transfer? secondary transfer? =^..^=

WetPaper
02-19-2013, 01:56 AM
I've had similar issue with white spots that seemed to occur more on thicker stocks(usually junk paper). Increasing the second transfer voltage took care of the problem but your sample looks a little different than what I normally see. You may want to look at the image as it sits on the transfer belt.

If replacing Drum and Starter fixes it then comes back about 60k later then maybe the starter is getting contaminated with paper dust or something.

Custom Search