PDA

View Full Version : FS-529 issue

Custom Search

wseyller
02-19-2013, 03:26 AM
Had issue every few pages where the exit rollers when pulling the paper back into to do the alignment, some pages would go back in skewed and cause a mess. I took the finisher apart and noticed the possibility of an issue with the rollers that lower down to pull the paper back in. There is an arm for each roller on a shaft that aids in lifting and lowering these rollers. These arms have a tab on the side of them that does this The arm closer to the front of the main unit seems like the tab does not stick out far enough in between good and not good so it works sometimes but slips off sometimes. If the tabs were longer it would not be any issue. I could not see anything wrong with each individual part in relation to this action. All bushing and parts seemed to be in place. There is some play in the shaft but I'm not sure what's normal. Is this a common issue to anyone. I looked through about 20 bulletins but the only thing I found was the arm was redesigned to help manufacturing efficiency. I didn't see anything in the change that could help this issue. I ended up using a suitable piece of plastic I had with a special plastic repair/welding powder and secure extra plastic to the part that the arm lifts to give it more to grab onto. Put it back into the main unit and works like a charm.

Sorry if my terminology or explanation is hard to follow. I don't yet have much experience with finishers.

Here are some pictures that show how the front roller can come into contact with its lower roller while the back side roller is not in contact with its lower roller. Also pictures of the white colored arms.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/19/uza2ybe8.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/19/7y3e8u2e.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/19/pe6evuny.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

PeterG
02-19-2013, 05:41 AM
I promise you. If you get to sort out an FS-529 into a reliable finisher, you will have passed the "Finisher Experts" exam.
They are absolute "shit-boxes".
I seem to remember reading something on KM about your problem.
I will see if I can find it.
From memory, there is a mylar at the back that can cause issues.

toastedmelon
07-15-2013, 11:39 PM
from memory there are a couple of little mylars as the paper leaves the rollers in the middle ( they dangle down, thin strips ) before they get feed back and they can get deformed, ripping them both off works. also KM bought out some urethane sheets that wrap around the white exit rollers to help better feeding, sandpaper works well for that too. hope some of this helps....if not upgrade to standing finisher :)

blackcat4866
07-16-2013, 01:32 AM
Nice fix! I'll keep an eye out for this problem. =^..^=

EarthKmTech
07-16-2013, 11:49 AM
when i rebuild these finishers i rip those 2 mylars out as a matter of course. early or late version they're both shit regardless of what the bulletin says and catch the paper as it drops back into the stacking section.

(the one pictured is a late version and worth the effort fixing)

1FRY1
07-16-2013, 09:54 PM
Yes I had this problem a while ago

Terrible finishers, In the end was the modified exit rollers that fixed it. Even when I fitted them I thought it would not cure it BUT IT DID.

If you want the Bulletin number let me know

CompyTech
07-16-2013, 10:08 PM
I hate those finishers too.. We had a problem with the exit tray lift motor gear breaking on one. There was a redesigned gear assy on there too. But it's a complete pain to take that tray apart. Ended up breaking the arms under the tray at one point. lol

Regarding the OPs problem, we had a similar problem on a Kyocera finisher (DF-780B) but we never could figure out what caused it.

wseyller
07-17-2013, 12:38 AM
I posted this a few months ago. I had fixed it before posting by making a modification of my own. I just posted to see if others had the same issue out of curiosity.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

agodbout87
11-22-2013, 08:50 PM
Hey Guys and Gals,

First post.

I am also having this issue with the finisher. Has there been any solution as of late. i peeled off the mylars and have new belts on order. any ideas?

stewart
01-15-2014, 01:44 PM
had this problem before found that i had to change the gear with the one way clutch on it part No:9J08 1615 01 GEAR 26/31T also part No:4643 5220 01 TORSION SPRING they are both getting tired

Hansoon
01-16-2014, 05:01 PM
** OFF TOPIC **

Why do I always have this "Frimwar" feeling with the English of those bulletins....

Hans

Synaux
01-16-2014, 07:26 PM
** OFF TOPIC **

Why do I always have this "Frimwar" feeling with the English of those bulletins....

Hans

I donno, but perhaps zaza can help?

CraigW
04-15-2016, 03:15 PM
Anyone ever have one of these FS-529s that pops the front black plastic staple alignment/jogger loose repeatedly ???

Then, logs a 0B32 code once it's loose.

The part # has not changed and holders are not spread out.

We loaned them another FS unit, but would like to figure out WHY it keeps popping loose.

Custom Search